Weird behaviour (v2.03)

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Kdio

Weird behaviour (v2.03)

Post by *Kdio »

[face=courier]Hi TC Wizards

First of all, I have to declare myself as a HUGE Fan of TC since M$ Pocket 6 and now it's rocking on my Android devices.

As this is the first time I see something not functioning properly in it, I've came to report it to some way try to contribute with your great work.

Samsung S4 i9505
ROM GoldenEye v14 XXUEMK9
Root ChainFire SuperSU 1.8
Total Commander 2.03 (just updated)

* TC with permitted su access in SuperSU;
* TC with or without "Root function everywhere";
* Tests were made within "\system\etc\init.d\" folder;
* No URL's were permitted so search xda-developers for details about ROM and Root

a) New Folder
Menu >> New Folder >> Named "a" and OK >> Request remount OK

Behaviour: I see the new folder "a" behind a loop of "Request remount"'s. If I click OK, it requests again. It stops when clicking cancel.

b) New Text File
Long press for menu option "New File" >> Named "test" and OK ( no remount requests here)

Behaviour: Toast saying "Error reading file \system\etc\init.d\test" and the file is not created.

c) Copy file
Copying a file from extSD works

Behaviour: the original file has 775/rwxrwxrwx as permission. The copied one has 600/rw-------.

d) Saving
After changing permission, editing the above file is OK

Behaviour: every Save Requests a Remount.

Hope this all helps to make an even better TC.

Nice regards.[/face]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

a) Thanks for your report. It's not a loop, the "Request remount" dialog is just not closed by mistake. Just tap on OK first, and then on Cancel to close the dialog.

b) This isn't currently supported, sorry.

c) Total Commander does not set permissions (or copy them). They are determined by the system, usually inherited by the folder in which you create the file. This is not an error.

d) When a partition is write protected, TC only temporarily mounts it as read/write, and immediately makes it read only again to protect your data. If you want to make frequent changes, please check "Root functions everywhere" in the settings. This adds a read/read-write button to the button bar which allows to permanently switch to read/write (and later back to read only).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com