[Request] Multiple target copy dialogbox and save option

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

PatrickV

[Request] Multiple target copy dialogbox and save option

Post by *PatrickV »

Hello,

For my work I have to deploy software releases where batch copies to multiple server is a timesaver.

What I do know is the following. I created shortcuts to the folders where to software must be copied to.

I would be nice to have a dialogbox, or another visual presentation layer where you can configure batched copy/move/delete actions from source to multiple targets. This where you can set the source en target locations.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Just use the F5 copy dialog with the files selected in the source panel, and the shortcuts to the targets in the target panel. Then click Options - copy to all selected folders.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
PatrickV

Post by *PatrickV »

Hi,

This is the method I already use. But then I have to create many shortcuts and I see this more as a workaround instead of a feature. I mean it would be nice to have a feature where you can manage copy actions for batch copying to multiple targets.

My scenarios are that I need to copy software from a source to about 8 servers per environment. Each environment, OTAP model, have multiple targets to copy the files to.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

PatrickV wrote:Hi,

This is the method I already use. But then I have to create many shortcuts and I see this more as a workaround instead of a feature. I mean it would be nice to have a feature where you can manage copy actions for batch copying to multiple targets.

My scenarios are that I need to copy software from a source to about 8 servers per environment. Each environment, OTAP model, have multiple targets to copy the files to.
TC is more suitable for forground operations.... Creating shortcuts need to be done only once per environment and it can be done in a specific "copy profile folder". You can even add some batch file or some favorite to point to the right profile in target side of TC.

Ultimately you could think of some scripting to create a/append to queue file and launch it in background....

Or even if you are a developer, you can make a dedicated multi-destination wcx plugin....