Wish request: scrolling in Compare by Content window.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Wish request: scrolling in Compare by Content window.

Post by *Flint »

When I compare two files, I usually scroll the window by the mouse scrollwheel. But this works only when focus is in the left pane and nowhere else. So, if I've selected some text on the right pane, on just clicked "Next difference", I have to click somewhere on the left pane to have possibility of scrolling the panes down (or up :)). It would be very convenient that scrolling works independently of where the focus is.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I know it is a workaround, but use KatMouse, an excellent utility:
http://kickme.to/katmouse
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Oops sorry even CatMouse does not sove the problem :-(
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The problem is that Windows doesn't scroll a list window if it doesn't have a scrollbar...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

2 Ghisler
Maybe, it is possible to catch messages from mouse wheel and send it to the left pane to make it scroll?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The problem is that Windows doesn't scroll a list window if it doesn't have a scrollbar...
While "Vertical arrangement" button is pressed the 2 windows has a vertical scroll bar I wonder why the right panel has not this scroll while "Vertical arrangement" button is not pressed, is it a bug or feature?
Clo

Normal !!!

Post by *Clo »

2ts4242
:) Hello !
• You don't get a scroll-bar as long as the number of dirs. / files to display fits in the area of the panel !
- With superposed windows, this is rare; so, the most times, you get a scroll-bar at each side.

:P No more, no less …

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Normal !!!

Post by *ts4242 »

Clo wrote:2ts4242
:) Hello !
• You don't get a scroll-bar as long as the number of dirs. / files to display fits in the area of the panel !
- With superposed windows, this is rare; so, the most times, you get a scroll-bar at each side.

:P No more, no less …

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
We are here talking about "Compare contents" window not TC main window
select 2 files and execute cm_CompareFilesByContent then press "Vertical arrangement" button and you will know what i'm talking about
Clo

Mouse & driver

Post by *Clo »

2ts4242
- I can scroll vertically hovering the left panel, then horizontally when hovering the right one without any click anywhere, as well with superposed or justaposed windows set.
- It's a feature of some (old) Logitech drivers, while the newer give the behaviour you describe. So, I guess this is related on the mouse (mark, type and driver-version), not directly on TC.
- For me, it's the same in all windows of all apps., not specially TC…

:mrgreen: K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

KatMouse solves the problem!

All you have to do is drag&drop the crosshair on the right compare panel to add the class "TOwnListbox". Double click on that entry and uncheck "Windows has scroll wheel support".

After that you can scroll even when focus is right. :)

But, quote from the website:
KatMouse does not work together with Logitech Mouseware.
Icfu
This account is for sale
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Clo & icfu
because "Compare contents" left & right panels are synchronize scorlling therefore it is not so important which panel has the focus
but the question is that why the two panels has V.Scroll while "Vertical arrangement" button is pressed and while it is not pressed only Left panel has V.Scroll?
as i said is it a bug or feature?
it will be better if both panel has V.Scroll in both mode.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

To me this is definetely a bug but what can I do about that? ghisler has given the answer what he should do to solve the problem himself. I have no clue why he doesn't add a scrollbar in the right pane, sorry.

@ghisler:
Will you add a second scrollbar in horizontal mode to solve this problem without the need for workarounds?

Icfu
This account is for sale