TC wishlist

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cheming

TC wishlist

Post by *cheming »

1. Leave Configuration function alone. This can make TC smaller and faster :-) I mean you can make Config an alone executable and enhance its functions without thinking about the TC's file size. Maybe it should be named wincmd_editor.exe :-)

2. Let me can adjust file list window's line space. I want to increase the size between line and line in file list window but now I only set the symbol size of Font config dialog and the line space is increased but the display is very ugly.

3. I want add a new Tab through Double-click the blank of Tab area just like Opera.

4. Can you change the help system to .CHM format? I don't like the old help style because I can't copy text with format and I can't search the text in a topic.

5. Can you increase the launch speed of TC in the future? I found here it is slower than MS Word 2003 :-(
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

5. Can you increase the launch speed of TC in the future? I found here it is slower than MS Word 2003
That has something to do with a virus scanner. Exclude TC from scanning in your virus scanner.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Ivan Moratinos

Post by *Ivan Moratinos »

4. Can you change the help system to .CHM format? I don't like the old help style because I can't copy text with format and I can't search the text in a topic.
It would be very useful to have, at least, a list of the ini settings in a separate file. Like history.txt or Keyboard.txt
Esperanto estas la solvo - http://ikso.net/
Clo

Use the Tutorial---

Post by *Clo »

2Ivan Moratinos
2cheming >>> 4.
:) Hello !
• You could use the Tutorial in which the <wincmd.ini> file is detailled. It exists for a long while as CHM and HTML-sources.
• Available from my Web page >>> Download ( button [ WWW ] below... )

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Ivan Moratinos

Post by *Ivan Moratinos »

You could use the Tutorial
Thanks a lot, Claude :)
Esperanto estas la solvo - http://ikso.net/
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

cheming,
There was a German thread about it - http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2470 . CHM has the disadvantage of being slower and non-standard on all windows versions (and it needs IE to work).

HTH
Roman
Clo

I like !

Post by *Clo »

2Hacker
:)  Hello Roman !
• CHM doesn't work under Win 16-bit (W3.1 and so).
- It works under Win 32-bits with IE 4.0 and newer (in fact, it worked at home with Win 95B and IE 3.6xx)
- Isn't especially slow, except if you use a 486 at 66 mHZ... Besides, the sources are easier to update; you can even use the HTML folder "as is" : it's simpler to set a context-sensitive Help. In that case, it works under Win 16-bit too - but with a big restriction : IE5-16bit doesn't support PNG-;
some local 16-bit HTML viewers support PNG, but are not freeware…
- Well, the size is currently so big, but there is a lot of screen-shots, missing in the classic *.HLP folder (I mean : in the Tutorial). But I heard something about TC released in a CD, so another Help format'ld become possible...

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-05-21, 22:37 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Re: I like !

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Clo wrote:2Hacker
:)  Hello Roman !
• CHM doesn't work under Win 16-bit (W3.1 and so).
- It works under Win 32-bits with IE 4.0 and newer (in fact, it worked at home with Win 95B and IE 3.6xx)
- Isn't especially slow, except if you use a 486 at 66 mHZ... Besides, the sources are easier to update; you can even use the HTML folder "as is" : it's simpler to set a context-sensitive Help. In that case, it works under Win 16-bit too - but with a big restriction : IE5-16bit doesnt support PNG-;
some local 16-bit HTML viewers support PNG, but are not freeware…
- Well, the size is currently so big, but there is a lot of screen-shots, missing in the classic *.HLP folder (I mean : in the Tutorial). But I heard something about TC released in a CD, so another Help format'ld become possible...

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
hopefully chris will NEVER change to that fileformat for compatibilllity reasons
(I know all youz guys have super high end pcs but there are guys like me that have to work from time to time with very old pcs without IE!)
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will not switch to CHM, because there are some companies which don't have Internet Explorer installed for security reasons.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Std

Post by *Std »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I will not switch to CHM, because there are some companies which don't have Internet Explorer installed for security reasons.
There are HLP viriis although..
Now about subj: any chance that tabbed interface will be continued? I mean add tabs for viewer/editor - like in Frigate file manager. Just to don't throw a lister windows around, but keep them all together within the bounds of TC window. Another feature - if i want separate lister window, i can just drag a tab from tab-panel [kinda docking interface].
cheers,
StDenis.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, interesting idea! There are already some editors which do this (TC doesn't have an internal one). For lister it's not currently planned, because it may cause problems with lister plugins.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Std

Post by *Std »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Hmm, interesting idea! There are already some editors which do this (TC doesn't have an internal one). For lister it's not currently planned, because it may cause problems with lister plugins.
But there's also possibility to allow to the user to specify "by the hands" - whose of the lister plugins he don't want to put as tab.

another subj: is it really difficult to make fixed size columns in "Brief" mode? I.e. to give ability to the user to specify that he want to see exactly 2 columns on panel, independently of lengths of filenames. All file/folder names whose didn't fit into the column will truncated followed by a some sign.
cheers,
StDenis.
Std

Post by *Std »

ouch, just remember!
what about explorer-like files selection by the mouse? i mean when user point'n'click in the empty area of panel and then drag the mouse cursor the selection rectangle is appear. and all files which hit into this rectangle become selected..
cheers,
StDenis.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Std
what about explorer-like files selection by the mouse? i mean when user point'n'click in the empty area of panel and then drag the mouse cursor the selection rectangle is appear. and all files which hit into this rectangle become selected..
That would mean another list control has to be used, and that would result in a serious performance loss...
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Std

Post by *Std »

SanskritFritz wrote:That would mean another list control has to be used, and that would result in a serious performance loss...
hmm.. But why functionality of current control can't be extended? It's a Delphi.. so, IMHO, class functionality extending isn't too difficult process. :?

cheers,
StDenis.
cheers,
StDenis.