Problem installing plugin in windows vista and higher

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

luis46coco

Problem installing plugin in windows vista and higher

Post by *luis46coco »

Hello friends I am new to the forum, I'm making a plugin for retro teams' Color Computer Radio shack "and Dragon. I go for the version 1.5

I have a problem, although my plugin runs fine in XP and 7, I can not install in windows vista

I tried removing UAC, also manifest, of course I am administrator on vista, but still do not get it

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 c ++, 32 bit and TC v8.5, I have tried all the compiler options (or so I think) and still not installed

So far I think it's my installation of Visual studio because other plugin that work well, if I recompile, begin to fail like

But that option may not be the one that gives me the problem

The error it shows is: not a valid complement

Has anyone heard of this problem?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a common problem of VC++: By default, it will use an external runtime dll. To turn this off,
1. go to the project settings
2. go to the C++ compiler settings, code generation
3. Change the runtime library from "Multthreaded DLL" to "Multthreaded /MT". Some people may think that thex have to use "DLL" to create a DLL. But this is wrong - it's about the location of the standard C functions!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
luis46coco

Post by *luis46coco »

Thank you very much, perfect, have much time for that problem, sometimes installed in W8 sometimes not, is very important to place this in the help of wcx, and the other plug in, or in the initial post in fixed form.

Thank you very much again, and honor yourself the author of the most useful piece of software, answer me

Sorry for my English, my native language is Spanish