waiting for Total Commander key

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

superboy

waiting for Total Commander key

Post by *superboy »

Hi, I bought Total Commander a few days ago, but I recieved an email telling me they couldn't send me the key to my yahoo address. I've since emailed back with my pop account address several times but I haven't recieved a response. Is there anywhere I can contact someone to send me the registration key? I'd really like to start using it hassle free, it's such a wonderful time saving program.

Thanks
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Yes there is. Christian Ghisler Himself! Write him an email, the address is on his homepage.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

BTW: There are two addresses, of which I think sales at ghisler dot com is appropriate.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, my fault. :(

I'm currently getting between 600 and 1000 mails per day, from which most are false virus reports and spam (the viruses are already filtered out on my server). I will probably have to close the support and sales accounts soon, and use some other mail address. I'm thinking about changing the mail once per month, e.g. something like mail0405@ghisler.com, mail0406@ghisler.com etc.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Using bayesian spam filtering is a good alternative. Have you tried it?
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

Use FORMS on the ghisler site for support, sale and bug reports, etc. This eliminates the use of email, and thus prevents spam and worms.
...BRB...
Clo

And pics ?

Post by *Clo »

2Maxwish
:) Hello !
Use FORMS on the Ghisler site for support, sale and bug reports, etc.
• Well, but how do you attach screenshots in order to show some bugs ?
* Pics are often very helpful for the Author, I guess.
* Most certainly, the Members of the Forums can show pictures, but the others can't…
* We are some thousands users here, while there are something like ~110,000 registered users worldwide, plus those who are on a try of TC…
:| It's really a serious problem. Personally, though I'm only a (poor) retired guy and not a Company, I receive 200 ... 300 "dungs" daily, although a paying filtering-service at my IP's POP. I've to pay too to delete the attached viruses, but it's well-spent money!
• I thought to use forms too on my Web pages; but since anybody can display the source, isn't an absolute guarantee against spams and hacks. The forms could be flooded with fake messages again...
* Everybody has to think to discover a solution, I hope that it'll be found...
* But efficient secure systems aren't cheap, since you can't send changing addresses monthly via email!
*Ch. Ghisler himself told me once :" …Email is transparent; it's a post-card…".
- Only the old good "snail" post-mail is relatively secure ... and maybe carrier pigeons too ? :lol:

:mrgreen:  Best regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: And pics ?

Post by *Sheepdog »

Clo wrote:
You could implement a function for uploading screenshots. In this way I let develop photographs in internet.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Re: And pics ?

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Clo wrote:2Maxwish
:) Hello !
* Pics are often very helpful for the Author, I guess.
* Most certainly, the Members of the Forums can show pictures, but the others can't…
* We are some thousands users here, while there are something like ~110,000 registered users worldwide, plus those who are on a try of TC…
:| It's really a serious problem. Personally, though I'm only a (poor) retired guy and not a Company, I receive 200 ... 300 "dungs" daily, although a paying filtering-service at my IP's POP. I've to pay too to delete the attached viruses, but it's well-spent money!
• I thought to use forms too on my Web pages; but since anybody can display the source, isn't an absolute guarantee against spams and hacks. The forms could be flooded with fake messages again...
* Everybody has to think to discover a solution, I hope that it'll be found...
* But efficient secure systems aren't cheap, since you can't send changing addresses monthly via email!
*Ch. Ghisler himself told me once :" …Email is transparent; it's a post-card…".
- Only the old good "snail" post-mail is relatively secure ... and maybe carrier pigeons too ? :lol:

:mrgreen:  Best regards,
Claude
Clo
Sorry, but there are mail-web-forms were you can attach pics :-)
Hoecker sie sind raus!
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 08:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

What is a FOTUs?

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
Clo

Rare---

Post by *Clo »

2Sir_SiLvA
:) Hi !
Sorry, but there are mail-web-forms were you can attach pics
• Never saw anywhere on any usual web-page… Maybe the webmasters fear to receive viruses as fake pics ?
Sheepdog said already above that he uses a system in that way.

2ghisler(Author)
:) Good morning,
• At my IP's POP, the new mail filtering has a "Green list" for real emails. That places a small green icon beside the subject.
* The Green List is built by each user with addresses only, that is a lacuna in my opinion. It should be better to have an extra keyword in the subject too…
* You could install such a stopgap for important mails. Of course, the senders like testers and translators might provide absolute secure addresses for this list (hence, via post-mail).
* i.e. : I've one somewhere, because my usual address is hacked for years. I even receive viruses from my own address daily… though my PCs are quite "clean" !

:mrgreen:  Best regards, m. f. G.
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Rare---

Post by *Sheepdog »

Clo wrote:
* i.e. : I've one somewhere, because my usual address is hacked for years. I even receive viruses from my own address daily… though my PCs are quite "clean" !
Hi Claude,

you should block the loading of extern graphics in your mail-prog.
Many massmailer send spam to randomly generated addresses. They build in a link for a pic in the mail at their website and if this pic is loaded they know the address exists. So they can float you with spam.
Since I use Mozilla (or now Thunderbird) and have disabled the loading of extern graphics I get scarcely any spam.

good night

Sheepdog
Douglas Adams
Clo

Minimal mailer---

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:D  Hi Stefan !
• I no longer use my mailer to recover all emails from the POP for a while!
* In fact, the mail data-bases are cracked at W...o.fr for years. The hackers have the loggins and passwords, so they can send their dungs directly via the IP's SMTP! An evidence :
- Several times, while I were cleaning the mailbox on the server, I got a warning message from the IP telling : "The message you try to send contains a virus...blah blah"; but I were sending nothing, the mailer was pretty closed, and no task like this was shown in the Win task-list...
* Now, the Green- List helps a bit, I delete all other mails, then I recover (quickly !) the true messages with my mailer. In addition, there is too a Red List where I find spams and virus-carriers in a quarantine folder. The viruses are already erased, indeed.
* About spams, now the most spammers send their messages without any subject, in order to avoid the filtering : so, you can't filter these mails, since "By subject" needs at least 2 or three characters…
* So, I think that Ch. Ghisler might set a filtering which send to a quarantine-folder all mails having no subject. He could do that, since it's his own server. Unfortunately, I can't…

:mrgreen: Good night and friendly regards,
Claude
Clo
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

In fact, the mail data-bases are cracked at W...o.fr for years. The hackers have the loggins and passwords, so they can send their dungs directly via the IP's SMTP! An evidence :
- Several times, while I were cleaning the mailbox on the server, I got a warning message from the IP telling : "The message you try to send contains a virus...blah blah"; but I were sending nothing, the mailer was pretty closed, and no task like this was shown in the Win task-list...
BTW: There is no need to crack an account to fake the "From:" field... this is easily done, e.g. by simply directly communicating with the SMTP server through the SMTP port and I'm sure there are many other ways.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.