...he mentioned it is in Russian;

n>> a) don't-german-speaking members: shouldn't follow this
n>> link

...as well as non-Russian-speaking members can do;

n>> b) german-speaking members: link for further informations

...as well as Russian-speaking members can follow the link Dest gave;

n>> 2nd: I gave a (very short) conclusion for english speaking
n>> members.

...as well as Dest did. But as for me his "(very short) conclusion" was MUCH more informative.

n> so Dest did the same you did before (without a mention that
n> user without cyrillic font are unable to read because is
n> russian ).

WHAT?! Did I said something like "a similar problem's solution was found in Russian mailgroup" w/o any distinct explanations?! If you have nothing else to say, nice guy, don't disgrace yourself. I added that link just to point to information source - this is not polite to give an information w/o source if you are not the author. Do you know what does it mean "polite", nice guy?

n> I'm sorry if my english explanations were too short for
n> you. It was my fault thinking a single word "blacklist"
n> in the context of this thread is enough.

As wise person said here recently, "sometimes thinking twice helps".

n> Maybe it would be a more constructive discussion, if you
n> would ask a simple question e.g. "what means blacklist
n> in this German thread" or "Would you be so kind to give
n> us an english conclusion" - but this is your funeral.

Maybe it would be a more constructive discussion, if I haven't do it but YOU provide complete information from the beginning?! Or should I begging you for that? If you can say something, say it in distinctive way - but that is your funeral, of course.

n> I'm sorry but I'm bored of this talk about the way of
n> postings and linkings.

Well, this is your problem, nice guy - don't start it next time if you know you can't finish it.[/face]
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 11:50 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 15-06-2004 20:26:01 +0000 norfie wrote:

n> Black Dog wrote:

And there is "Lovely Black Dog"?! I just have started to getting used to it... %\

n> I can finish, but it is real boring.

Oh, come on, don't start that "can" talk... As I told you, this is your problem regardless of can you or not.

n> But if you want

From what moment exactly you start doing something because I want it?!?! %))) Please, don't make a fool of yourself, you doing only the thing you want to do.

n> How amazing: no differences in postings of two other
n> members, but the own posting is complete different???

Yep, indeed (you, Terrans, are strange creatures), but I pointed to the difference in case of my one. I'm sorry but sometimes I have a feeling that you don't wanna understand... %)))

[^Y]
n> Because there isn't a world formula yet, this is a
n> philosophical question.

[^Y]

And now you want to start "philosophical" talk?! >8[~~~~~]
Well, there is. It's a good old "common sense", you have enough of, AFAIK. Just use it more often.[/face]
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 11:53 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-06-2004 12:41:38 +0000 norfie wrote:

Oh, it looks like you don't want to "stop this useless discussion" any more! :)

n> Lovely Black Dog

Thank you.

n> Another philosophical or better psychological talk? But I'm
n> not interested in this talk (here in this forum).

Well, the same as I do and not only in this forum

n> I suppose you are clever enough to know, this is only a
n> question of the point of view - and therefore plain
n> subjective.

You just said you are "not interested" in this "psychological talk" 8\. So may be you actually do interested?

n> Anything else?

Well, nice guy, I thought you can come to it yourself, actually... You see, if YOU translate that thread's contents to English, it would be no need to talk about any of course "plain subjective" "question of the point of view" or give any "additional explanations" - anyone just can read it in this forum language. And BTW we will finally come back to this thread subject. Just do the thing you had to do from the beginning, what can be more simple? Or do you need additional explanations?

n> IMHO it is a bad character, if anybody not able to say he
n> was wrong.

Actually this is what I trying to explain you the second day. Well, that's nice that you came to this conclusion yourself - didn't I told you you are the clever on? :)))[/face]
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 11:57 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Popcorn! :mrgreen:

Icfu
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

2 Icfu

You and your avatars!!! ;) :D :P
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Mole-rats are sweet, any complaints? :mrgreen:

Icfu
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

icfu wrote:...any complaints?
About your avatar or about the passionate discussion of this thread? ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I love to read discussions with norfie and [insert whatever TC user here], it's more fun than sex if you ask me. ;)

Icfu
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-06-2004 14:04:24 +0000 norfie wrote:

n> As I suppose, you don't got it.

Well, what your explanations (you're so desperately trying to make %) worth then? :))) Or didn't I told you that this is not about understanding?
You repeat that "you don't got it" already the third (or even more) time BTW, and this is what really became boring. Do you already know what I won't understand on the fourth page? And what about eighth one? It would be a really long thread, so you have to think about some diversity...

n> I hoped that you were able to understand my simple words
n> "It was my fault".

Oh, that "my fault" are just a words - what about translation?

n> I'm very sad

Well, that's OK - life is a very sad thing in general %).

n> this was a real useless discussion.

Well who forced you to continue it?![/face]
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 11:56 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-06-2004 19:38:10 +0000 norfie wrote:

n> I suppose you didn't understand yet.

The problem is you think that "understand" means the same as "accept" (at least for me), my dear nice guy. But why, actually? What my understanding does for you? My understanding of someone does not prevent me from killing him if it would be necessary.

n> Is there any interested in a translation of this German
n> thread?

Well, translate it please, my dear nice guy, or may be you need to start a poll for that? What a really German thoroughness in you approach... %)))[/face]
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I have selected some key statements from the german thread and translated them:
formtapez wrote: Eine Liste in die man verschiedenste Dateien oder Verzeichnisse aufnehmen kann, die daraufhin aus der normalen Ansicht ausgeblendet werden (z.B. Windows Recycled- oder SystemVolumeInformation-Ordner oder Startdateien). Eine Blacklist quasi
Translation: A list where I can insert files and directories, which will be excluded from the normal view (for example Windows, Recycled or System Volume Information folders or boot files) -> blacklist.
______________________________________________________________________________________
norfie wrote:Fuer Dateien laesst sich mit der Benutzerdefinierten Ansicht (STRG+F12) heute schon eine Blacklist erstellen. Fuer Verzeichnisse geht es heute wohl noch nicht.
Translation: For files predefined selection types (CTRL+F12) can be already used to create a blacklist. For directories it's not possible yet.
______________________________________________________________________________________
formtapez wrote:Ich hoffe Chris fügt dieses Feature bald in den Commander ein. Denn diese Windows Ordner und Dateien die über alle Laufwerke verteilt sind, und die man nicht ändern/löschen kann/darf, tragen nicht gerade viel zur Übersichtlichkeit bei.
Translation: I hope Chris implements this feature soon into his Commander. These Windows folders and files which are spread over all drives, and which cannot/may not be changed/deleted are not really making things more clearly.
SanskritFritz wrote:Kannst du sie nicht einfach "Hidden" stellen?
Meisten system ordner sind schon gerade hidden.
Translation: Can't you just set them to hidden? The most system folders are already set to hidden.
raeubi wrote:... oder mit
Code:
cm_SwitchHidSys
kann man die Anzeige dieser Files bzw. Ordner mit einem Button schnell mal an- und ausschalten
Translation: You could use cm_SwitchHidSys assigned to a button to show/hide these files/folders.
formtapez wrote:Es geht auch um non-hidden files.
Ausserdem will ich nicht andauernd umschalten müssen.
Translation: It's about non hidden files, too. In addition I don't want switch all the time.
Inka wrote:Das Feature "Ordner in der Behandlung dauerhaft ausschließen" wäre auch sehr wertvoll auf grossen Servern (> TB) die mit "Snapshot-Sicherung" arbeiten. Wenn das Snapshot-Verzeichnis nicht ausgeblendet wird findet z.B. eine Dateisuche im 30-50 fachen Volumen statt. Das kann dauern. Ich kann mich dem Wunsch nach diesem Feature nur anschließen.
Translation: The feature "Exclude folder processing permanently" could be very valuable on large servers (>TB), which use a "snapshot backup". When the snapshot directory is not hidden a file search volume increases a lot, which will take a while.
formtapez wrote:Es wäre toll wenn es eine Datei oder ein Fenster in den Optionen geben würde, in dem man Dateien und Verzeichnisse auswählen könnte die dann nicht mehr Angezeigt werden und in der weiteren Bearbeitung (z.B. Dateien Suchen oder Synchronisieren) nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Beispiel Blacklist.txt

Code: Select all

C:\040314113030.log
C:\78875.sym
C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
C:\CONFIG.SYS
C:\files.dat
C:\VIRTPART.DAT
C:\ntldr
C:\NTDETECT.COM
C:\MSDOS.SYS
C:\IO.SYS
C:\bootfont.bin
C:\boot.ini
C:\RECYCLER\
C:\System Volume Information\
D:\RECYCLER\
D:\WUTemp\
D:\System Volume Information\
Translation: It would be great to see a window or a file in the configuration where one could select choose files and directories which we will be excluded from view and processing in the future (see example list in the german text).
Sheepdog wrote: Die Idee finde ich nicht schlecht, allerdings würde ich mir wünschen, dass man das per cm_blacklist an und ausschalten kann. ( Ich mag nämlich manchmal in der boot.ini rumschreiben :lol: )
sheepdog
Translation: It's not a bad idea, but I wish to see a command cm_blacklist to en/disable the feature (I like to write to boot.ini from time to time).
norfie wrote: Fuer die Dateien laesst sich eine Blacklist heute schon mit einer benutzerdefinierten Ansicht (STRG+F12; Definieren ...) einrichten. Aus meiner Sicht fehlt nur, dass dann auch Verzeichnisse ausgeblendet werden. Was spricht jetzt dagegen es so zu realisieren? Zudem sind eine Reihe der aufgefuehrten Verzeichnisse/Dateien standardmaessig vom Attribut her Hidden/System - somit lassen diese sich heute schon ueber die Einstellung
Konfigurieren/Einstellungen/Ansicht/Versteckte und Systemdateien anzeigen
bzw.
cm_SwitchHidSys
aus- und einblenden.
Translation: For files such a blacklist can be already setup using a predefined selection type (CTRL+F12). From my point of view the only missing detail is the exclusion of directories. What is the argument not to implement it this way? In addition a couple of listed directories/files are set to hidden/system by default - they can be show/hidden using cm_switchhidsys.
ghisler(Author) wrote:Ja, so eine Blacklist ist eine gute Idee, ich nehme es auf meine Wunschliste.
Translation: yes, such a blcaklist is a good idea, i will take it on my wishlist.
Sheepdog wrote:Ich will eben nicht alle hidden/System-dateien ausblenden, sondern nur bestimmte.
Translation: I don't want to exlude all hidden/system files, just some of them.
flipflap wrote:könnt man dann auch ein cm_editBlacklist einbauen, in dem dann die Definition aufgerufen werden kann, so daß man auch dort dann editieren kann? Falls ein paar Dateien zuwenig / zuviel drin sein sollten. :lol:
Andererseits könnt man dann auch auf die Idee kommen, vielleicht sich ein cm_addToBlacklist zu wünschen, das die aktuell markierten Dateien / Verzeichnisse im Fenster zur Blacklist hinzufügt ... bloss darf man sich dann nicht wundern, wenn der TotalCmd nur noch leere Platten anzeigt :shock:
Translation: could it be possible to implement a command cm_editBlackList, which calls the definition, which can be edited then? Just for the case the blacklist contains too many or to less files.
On the other hand, there could be a command cm_addtoBlacklist which adds the current selected files/folders to the blacklist.
Sheepdog wrote:Die Blacklist würde ich mit einem Aufruf in meinem Editor auf einen Button oder 'nen Eintrag im Startmenü legen. Dafür braucht's keinen TC internen Befehl. So kann dann auch jeder mit dem Editor arbeiten, den er gern mag :wink: sheepdog
Translation: I would rather call a editor from a button a start menu entry. An internal command is not required. This way everyone could use his favorite editor.
Last edited by Lefteous on 2004-06-16, 18:58 UTC, edited 1 time in total.