Right click directory search??

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

jb wrote:Somewhat contradictory, isn't it?
Please (re-)read my posts above carefully before you reply in a hurry.
I think it isn't the issue of reading in a hurry but of knowledge about the task. Most of the above postings assume from the behavior they observe.

If you want to know the 'one and only' truth you have to wait until @ghisler is giving his coment or to send an email to him - I guess.

I think that the search in TC-context menu is a function of TC because it uses the TC search dialog.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
MacQ

Post by *MacQ »

And I think it's Explorer's, but it's modified to open the TC search dialog instead of Explorer's.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

It's just a matter of definition. The name "Search..." is the same, the function is different (in TC / Explorer).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jb

Post by *jb »

Sheepdog wrote:I think it isn't the issue of reading in a hurry but of knowledge about the task. Most of the above postings assume from the behavior they observe.

If you want to know the 'one and only' truth you have to wait until @ghisler is giving his coment or to send an email to him - I guess.
To Sheepdog:
The issue is surely not the 'one and only' truth, but it is the conversation style. More exactly it's about replying to the point and not just repeating old statements. Among other reasons this has often something to do with reading and replying in hurry. In my previous posts I already explained the apparently conflicting aspects of the current topic and the greater part of my explanation was clearly given as possibility, not as fact. It seems you missed that too.

Furthermore I wonder how you can seriously suggest to bother Mr. Ghisler with an e-mail because of such a unimportant matter, especially since we know that 90% of his work time goes into support and administrative tasks.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

jb wrote: It seems you missed that too.
:oops: sorry you are right. I've missed that you quoted here 2 times MacQ :oops:
jb wrote: Furthermore I wonder how you can seriously suggest to bother Mr. Ghisler with an e-mail because of such a unimportant matter, especially since we know that 90% of his work time goes into support and administrative tasks.

Excuse me, but that is not my task. If there is an email-suport I will use it if it's appropriate in my opinion. If it overtax @ghisler it is his business to change things. Maybe he could end the email support or outsource it or anything else....

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams