Synchronize multiple directories?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

norbl

Synchronize multiple directories?

Post by *norbl »

Is there a way to compare and synchronize multiple directories at one time?

I am moving home directories from a Novell server to a Microsoft server. I am creating the home directories ahead of time on the Microsoft server and they are empty to start with. I want to copy the contents and structure of the user's Novell home directories to the Microsoft directories.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Try Commands - Synchronize Dirs. If you wish to work with just a few, select those dirs/files beforehand.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Synchronize multiple directories?

Post by *eugensyl »

norbl wrote:Is there a way to compare and synchronize multiple directories at one time?

I am moving home directories from a Novell server to a Microsoft server. I am creating the home directories ahead of time on the Microsoft server and they are empty to start with. I want to copy the contents and structure of the user's Novell home directories to the Microsoft directories.
Synchronize Dirs... is a powerfull tools and it have some requests. Go in this tool and press F1. Read carefully an do. Is exactly what you want.
If is something un-understanding pls ask again.
Thanks to Ghisler too 4 this tools. U can create backups easy and fast.
Important! Set the mask (default is *.*) and exceptions (|).
Also if operation is often U can make a button with command cm_SyncDir (code 2020)

:D
Best wish,
My Best Wishes,

Eugen