Feature REQ: DiskTree in Directory hotlist

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lhay-mehr

Feature REQ: DiskTree in Directory hotlist

Post by *lhay-mehr »

would it be possible to add a feature to directory hotlist or make an aditional shortcut like the directory hotlist (tiny button next to directory hotlist or History button) which would have a complete tree of a selected disk, with shortcuts to all the dirs on the disk for a quicker browsing.

i hope you understand my english 8)
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Is Alt+F10 what you are looking for?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2lhay-mehr
There is a command cm_CDTree which is set to Alt+F10 by default. Is that what you are looking for?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

lhay-mehr
What's wrong with Alt+F10 and Ctrl+F8?

Added:
3 people at once :lol: :lol:
lhay-mehr

Post by *lhay-mehr »

nah that's not it. all this features spoiled me. :wink: maybe i come up with some standalone tool. anyway, just a thought.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Flint,
What's wrong with Alt+F10 and Ctrl+F8?
Well, you have to click to use them. :) I guess lhay-mehr is looking for something similar to what I've seen in KDE (or whereever it was) where the directory structure is shown in a similar way to the Start menu - you simply point at a dir and a submenu with its contetns appears, and so on. A click would open_the_dir / place_the_cursor_on_the_file in the active TC window.
At least that's the way I understood it.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hacker wrote:...where the directory structure is shown in a similar way to the Start menu - you simply point at a dir and a submenu with its contetns appears, and so on.
If that’s the case I remember someone posting a thread in this forum with a tool that incorporates this behaviour via the context menus hence functional through TC also. I cannot though remember the name of the tool or an appropriate keyword to use in the search of this forum. Sorry! Can anyone remember it?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Sure. ;)

ShortPopUp

Instead of the hardcore change of the default open action in the mentioned thread you can just use this regfile instead:

<---cut--->
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
@="Total_Commander"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Total_Commander]
@="Total Commander"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Total_Commander\command]
@="\"C:\\Programme\\Total Commander\\TOTALCMD.EXE\" /O \"%1\""
<---cut--->

Advantage is that "open" entry is still functional on the desktop in case you need it by right clicking.

Icfu
This account is for sale
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

icfu wrote:ShortPopUp
Thanks! While what I had in mind was Right Click Commander the suggested one is a cheap workaround! ;)

BTW, I love the new avatar mod! ;) :P :D
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

BTW, I love the new avatar mod!
Yeah! The naked mole rat loves it, too!
It's still hungry. :mrgreen:

Icfu
This account is for sale
lhay-mehr

Post by *lhay-mehr »

Hacker wrote:you simply point at a dir and a submenu with its contetns appears, and so on. A click would open_the_dir / place_the_cursor_on_the_file in the active TC window.
At least that's the way I understood it.
that's it. complete from a drive root, to the last file, prefferably with an option to enable displaying dirs only, or with files included. :D