English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Tab bug

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi,
if you closed TC when the active tab show the content of an archive file and start TC again then the active tab will not show the archive file content but the content of the parent folder of this archive.

is this a bug or not?
Clo

Seems normal---

Post by *Clo »

2ts4242
:) Hello !
¤ I just tested : I get the same behaviour, that seems normal.
* In old versions of W/TC, it was advised to close the archives before to quit the program, or else the files in the <Temp> dir. wouldn't be deleted…
- Now, I verified : the <Temp> dir. is empty at the second start, but the archive is closed.
- So, the Author had certainly changed the behaviour, since I get the same, even when no folder-tab at all is used.

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

In old versions of W/TC, it was advised to close the archives before to quit the program, or else the files in the <Temp> dir. wouldn't be deleted…
this is still true if you unpack and execute a file from the archive when you try to close TC you will recieve a warning message. but as far as you didn't unpack any file the <Temp> folder not used.

i think the bug is due to how TC deal with the active tab
the active tab information -path,sort order and view- doesn't saved with the other tabs under [lefttabs] section but saved under [left] section (if the tab belong to left panel)
try the following
1- close TC when the left panel active tab show the content of an archive file
2- open Wincmd.ini with notepad and goto [left] section you will notice the "path=" value contain the path of the archive parent folder
3- change the "path=" value to the full archive file name and path then save changes
4- when you start TC it will show the archive content in active tab but if you restart TC again the active tab will show the archive parent folder not the archive contents as expected.

any way this is not serious or important bug, i just discovered this when i'm working with the new TC tool.
Thanks