Bug in internal viewer

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

weidox

Bug in internal viewer

Post by *weidox »

This applies to version 6.03a and maybe some earlier versions (don't remember in which version I noticed this bug for first time). When viewing text files in "Text only" mode and without "Wrap text", editor automatically wraps text in longer lines than with "Wrap text" (width of about 2-3 screens), and isn't showing the last letters on the lines. That's it, I scroll to the right, and words are cut somewhere in the middle or missing. Whats interesting, I can still select this invisible text by dragging mouse out of the editor to the right, and to copy it, but this way I do not see the selection. Doesn't affect other modes, only "Text only" - that's it, even in similar "UTF-8" mode it shows right.
Using windows xp professional.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Bug in internal viewer

Post by *Sheepdog »

weidox wrote:When viewing text files in "Text only" mode and without "Wrap text", editor automatically wraps text in longer lines than with "Wrap text" (width of about 2-3 screens)...
It's not a bug, it's a feature ;) there was a similar request in the german forum @ghislers answer is:
Its intentionally. The lister loads only a particular count of bytes a once into memory to show very big files fast. That it works there may a line not exceed infinite - so I set the lenght of a line to 256 chars.

Workaroud: you should use a plugin like synus or hpg-ed.
sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams