CudaLister (source code viewer)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: EdgeViewer - Modern HTML viewer plugin

Post by *Horst.Epp »

elgonzo wrote: 2023-09-28, 16:08 UTC Why would i care if you lose files. No pain for me, perhaps also not for you... :D
As I said, never lost any files.
Also, my backups would allow me to recover from such problem in a few minutes,
even when detected after a long time.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-09-28, 16:14 UTC As I said, never lost any files.
Guess who else also never lost any files because of CudaLister, until today? You got one guess...
(Well, i don't know exactly when i lost the file. I just noticed today. It could have happened at any time in the last ten days or so. I didn't check the file date when i noticed first before i salvaged the file and before i figured it was CudaLister's doing...)
Also, my backups would allow me to recover from such problem in a few minutes,
even when detected after a long time.
Well, i have backup copies, too. Therefore, CudaLister screwing with files becomes nothing but silly entertainment, right?

Jeez, it feels like i am talking with a believer...
Last edited by gdpr deleted 6 on 2023-09-28, 16:52 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Also, my backups would allow me to recover
Definitely your backups are not made for any file for they any change.
Just imagine that you did 5 actions in a row, which ultimately led to the disappearance of the file’s contents. At most, you can have backup for 1 action. BUT for subsequent ones? Hardly. Did they all lead to this problem? No, probably only one action out of all 5. That is. the other 4 - you definitely need them and you must not lose them - and you will need THEIR results. Well, how can backup of only 1 version (before the start of 5 actions) help you? I don't get it...

Moreover, it is very likely that you will notice this bad final result very late.
Well, that’s just the nature of human accidents)))
It is likely that you will not even be able to estimate after how many and what specific actions the content of the file you were viewing was lost....
#146217 personal license
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

2AntonyD
We leave the topic of this thread :)
Believe me or not, I never lost files in many years on different OS brands
and also never with TC or any related tools.
So let's continue on topic.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-09-28, 16:52 UTC Believe me or not, I never lost files in many years on different OS brands
Just to make clear, in case it got overlooked: My warning is for the 1.8.1.0 version of CudaLister. Given the release date of 1.8.1.0 was April of this year, i don't understand how you could possibly apply the many years of the past you are speaking of to version 1.8.1.0 of CudaLister, whose existence so far only spans the last 5-6 months...

The code change responsible for this bug had been committed to the public github repo of CudaLister end of February. The previous 1.8.0.1 and older versions predate this commit and should therefore quite likely be unaffected by this particular issue.

(Although, in case CudaLister is being built from some private repo / local code copy instead from being built off the public git repo, there might be a slight chance that the previous version 1.8.0.1 might also be affected by this issue, due to its release date being relatively close to the date of said commit and the possible chance that the private repo/local code copy already featured the related code changes before being pushed to the public repo somewhat later. That said, i haven't tested 1.8.0.1 nor do i have an insight into CudaLister's release process, so i can't say with certainty...)
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: CudaLister (source code viewer)

1.8.2.0 of CudaLister has been released which fixes the severe bug the 1.8.1.0 version suffered from (see my previous comment above about this bug in 1.8.1.0).

I strongly recommend that any user of 1.8.1.0 updates to 1.8.2.0 as soon as possible. CudaLister 1.8.2.0 can be downloaded from the project's github site: https://github.com/Alexey-T/CudaLister/releases/tag/1.8.2.0
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

An update regarding the severe bug in CudaLister 1.8.1.0 i wrote about:

1.8.2.0 of CudaLister has been released which fixes the severe bug present in 1.8.1.0 regarding uncommanded overwriting of arbitrary files. I strongly recommend that any user of 1.8.1.0 updates to 1.8.2.0 as soon as possible. CudaLister 1.8.2.0 can be downloaded from the project's github site: https://github.com/Alexey-T/CudaLister/releases/tag/1.8.2.0
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Moderator message from: petermad » 2023-09-28, 21:46 UTC

Have moved several posts about CudaLister from "EdgeViewer - Modern HTML viewer plugin" to "CudaLister (source code viewer)"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
pantantrolla

Post by *pantantrolla »

elgonzo wrote: 2023-09-28, 20:59 UTC 1.8.2.0 of CudaLister has been released which fixes the severe bug the 1.8.1.0 version suffered from (see my previous comment above about this bug in 1.8.1.0).

I strongly recommend that any user of 1.8.1.0 updates to 1.8.2.0 as soon as possible. CudaLister 1.8.2.0 can be downloaded from the project's github site: https://github.com/Alexey-T/CudaLister/releases/tag/1.8.2.0
It was in the thread on github at the same time Alexey made the correction, still, thanks for reporting here too.

All the best
mkaut

Post by *mkaut »

Is there some way to display UTF symbols like "∈" correctly? I have a colleague who likes to use them in his Julia codes...
They show correctly in plain Lister with Consolas, but not in CudaLister, even if I select Consolas as font there.
The file is correctly detected as UTF-8.
Is there a setting that will make it work?
I tested all mono-type fonts I have and found that the symbols show correctly in "DejaVu Sans Mono", but I do not like the font...
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2mkaut

By visiting the GitHub page of CudaLister you can potentially find the answer to your issue there. It mentions additional lexers available for download at SynWrite's addons page over at SourceForge.

There you can find a lexer specifically designed for Julia: download
I think your colleague should give it a try. :)
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

mkaut wrote: 2023-12-15, 14:43 UTC [...] They show correctly in plain Lister with Consolas [...]
The Consolas font has no glyph for ∈ (Unicode code point U+2208). That's why CudaLister doesn't show it.
The Lister viewer itself is somehow smart in a way CudaLister is not. It recognizes when the used font does not provide a glyph for a character and falls back to some other font(s) for trying to get a glyph for that character. (Whether this is a logic that has been intentionally implemented for the Lister, or whether this logic is part of some underlying text control the in-built lister is using, i don't know.)
I tested all mono-type fonts I have and found that the symbols show correctly in "DejaVu Sans Mono", but I do not like the font...
If you want to use CudaLister for displaying such files correctly, you will have to find/use a (mono-spaced) font that has glyphs for the characters used in them and that is to your liking. Consolas it is not, because of it's aforementioned lack of a glyph for ∈ (and potentially other uncommon characters your colleague might like to use in their Julia codes). If you want such a fallback logic for glyph rendering in CudaLister, i'd suggest you make a feature suggestion in the CudaLister Github repo, for the author/maintainer of CudaLister to then decide whether and how to implement this.
flo

Post by *flo »

Hello,

i have found a strange visualization when i use context menu with dark themes:

Image: https://i.imgur.com/oxgVmC6.png

how can i resolve it?

Thanks