Ultra TC Editors 6.42 Final

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nevidimka

Post by *nevidimka »

2Sir_SiLvA
The difference between shareware and freeware with donation reminder screen is legal stuff.
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. Benjamin Franklin
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Some new Bugs:

1. Yesterday I startet the Start- & Dir-Menu-Editor and got the NagScreen
Today after the second start I got the NagScreen again...

2. I wanted to change something like "cd E:\BackUp" to "cd D:\BackUp" but after tabbing out "cd D:\BackUp" was replaced with "cd E:\BackUp" ???
and only in Version 5.10 in 5.02 and 4.0 it works as it should ?

3. Bug 3 (and Reason for thinking to do some tool for myself) after closing Start- & Dir-Edi I startet The Conf Edi and got the Nag once again...
And after that I startet the Hotkey-Edi and got the Nag Screen again...
so much for every 12th run...
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

:oops: First I feel so sorry that I didn't mention for Mr Ghisler who appreciate my work too by giving me a TC free licence :oops:

2>Sir_SiLvA
See? this is shareware - This nag will only go away after paying for it = Shareware
Shareware nag screen popup each run while mine each 12 runs so it is less inconvenient :lol:
But It would be nice if this nagscreens are a "must" that one should be able to press 1, 2 or 3 without using tab or the mouse
(like its done in tc)
as i understand your'e going to live in peace with it :wink: OK no problem next release you will be able to press 1,2 or 3
Oh and please when will the dropdown-window in the start- and directory-editor become a true dropdown-component?
As my english is not the best - here you find an example of what i mean:
http://www.qfile.de/dl/47361/example.exe.html
a) is your dropdown
b) is the dropdown as I would find it much nicer
I see... but you must distinguish between two types of dropdown list
1- the standard one which you want
2- image dropdown list (where each item appear with an icon) is one of Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls

i use type 1 in Hotkeys Editor (keyboard keys list)
i use type 2 in Start and Directory Editor (program mode, shortcut dropdown list and window state dropdown list) because using icons here make the program look good beside it make it easy to know the program mode and to know if a command has a shortcut or not.
maybe you hate the cursor inside image dropdown list but unfortunately i cannot change this
1. Yesterday I startet the Start- & Dir-Menu-Editor and got the NagScreen
Today after the second start I got the NagScreen again...
i said it popup each 12 runs for each editor individual so yesterday you must be running Start editor and today you run Directory editor or vise versa
2. I wanted to change something like "cd E:\BackUp" to "cd D:\BackUp" but after tabbing out "cd D:\BackUp" was replaced with "cd E:\BackUp" ???
and only in Version 5.10 in 5.02 and 4.0 it works as it should ?
this is new behaviour in 5.10
from start and directory What's New topic wrote:[*] When selecting internal command or typing in command field, pressing <Enter> key required to apply change
this is because many users were complain from losing the command if they scroll the dropdown list by accident
3. Bug 3 (and Reason for thinking to do some tool for myself) after closing Start- & Dir-Edi I startet The Conf Edi and got the Nag once again...
And after that I startet the Hotkey-Edi and got the Nag Screen again...
so much for every 12th run...
this is by accident not else
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Sir_SiLvA wrote: Sorry but after that statement
ts4242 wrote:"Ultra TC Editors is freeware and will stay freeware"
is completly untrue, cause
a) you wait for his support
or
b) I can live without users donation
But you cant claim both as you are doing here.... :)
2Sir_SiLvA
As you like the wikipaedia so much here a few links to clarify the difference between shareware freeware and donationware for you: ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeware
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shareware
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeware
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_Ware
wikipaedia wrote: # Donationware. The authors of donationware ask that anyone using their software make a donation to the authors or to some third party such as a charity. Because the donation is optional, donationware may also be freeware or fall into some other category.
So the main difference between freeware and shareware is: If you use shareware after the testing period you infringe upon the law. If it means anything to you.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

Great utilities, is it possible to add a command line option to Ultra TC History Editor so that we can use it to automatically and silently, in the background,clean Tc history and then exit without any user interference in the process ?. Just like Mru blaster do with windows.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublaster.html

Thanks.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

sas2000 wrote:is it possible to add a command line option to Ultra TC History Editor so that we can use it to automatically and silently
Good idea!
i think of passing the section(s) that you want to delete as a parameter list:
e.g. 1;2;5;8;11
these numbers refer to section number as it appear in the program left panel so you can translate these numbers as "Command Line; Selection; Find Text; Rename Search for; LeftTabs

or passing 0 to delete all sections

what do you think?
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

ts4242 wrote: i think of passing the section(s) that you want to delete as a parameter list:
e.g. 1;2;5;8;11 or passing 0 to delete all sections.
Great :D, maybe i'd add a new parameter to make a backup of wincmd.ini before cleaning it (automatically overwriting previous backups), thanks.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

sas2000 wrote:maybe i'd add a new parameter to make a backup of wincmd.ini before cleaning it (automatically overwriting previous backups)
you can backup history sections from File> Export... and restore from File> Import...
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

ts4242 wrote: you can backup history sections from File> Export... and restore from File> Import...
Yes, but i was talking about the possibility to backup wincmd.ini when using History editor silently without user interference.

e.g. "History Editor.exe -1 -2 -5 -8 -11 -B -O"
will mean that history ultra editor will delete : Command Line; Selection; Find Text; Rename Search for and LeftTabs history entries, making a backup of wincmd.ini before cleaning (overwriting previous backups).
Thanks again.

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

sas2000 wrote:e.g. "History Editor.exe -1 -2 -5 -8 -11 -B -O"
it will be "History Editor.exe I=path_of_Wincmd.ini/ s=1;2;5;8;11/ B=path_of_backup_file"

I- if you want to clean another wincmd.ini file instead of the default one
B- must be provided if you want to backup before cleaning (because how can i know where to backup?)

I and B are optional
Overwrite param "O" has no meaning because backup to the same file will automatically delete the previous
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

ts4242 wrote:
it will be "History Editor.exe I=path_of_Wincmd.ini/ s=1;2;5;8;11/ B=path_of_backup_file"
Brilliant :wink:

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Ultra TC Editors 5.12 is released, Download your copy

What's new:

All editors
-----------
[+] New button "Clear List" added to Find dialog box.
[+] Support using variable path "utceditors:\" instead of the program real path.
[+] Press 'Esc' key to close Find dialog box.

History Editor
---------------

[+] Command line parameters to clean history sections silently (without user interface).
:arrow: read important notes for history editor in the help file

Start Menu Editor
-----------------
[Fixed] Wincmd.ini [Shortcuts] section was not updated if commands under it saved as 'Decimal' or 'Hexadecimal'.

Hotkey Editor
--------------

[Fixed] Export to Main Menu file reminder message wasn't popup when using default language.
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

ts4242 wrote: What's new:

History Editor
---------------

[+] Command line parameters to clean history sections silently (without user interface).
Thank you very much. :lol:

Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

ts4242 wrote: What's new:

All editors
[+] Press 'Esc' key to close Find dialog box.

Thanks. ;) :lol:

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi all
Ultra TC Start and Directory Menu Editor version 5.14 beta1 is now available here or here

What is new:
==========
[+] New commands "Sort All Menus" and "Sort Selected Menu" added to View menu.