How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: Stefan2, white, sheep, Hacker

Fork&Knife

How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Post by *Fork&Knife » 2018-08-08, 12:38 UTC

I can't move files from Work Profile. I can do things within this partition but not move or copy files out of it. Why ? Then I used system file manager but it doesn't even recognize the downloaded files. Why ? Are they copyrighted files ? I don't understand.

How can I move files out of Work profile ?

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Fork&Knife

Stefan2
    Power Member
    Power Member

Re: How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Post by *Stefan2 » 2018-08-08, 13:02 UTC

Me think you should ask the IT guy at your work, as he is responsible for the Work profile settings, no?

What did he said?

Search the Forum for "FAQs" to read some default tips and tricks...

Fork&Knife

Re: How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Post by *Fork&Knife » 2018-08-08, 14:03 UTC

My phone is not issued by my company therefore has no access to my phone. I purposely activated Work profile
    to hide apps. I also discovered that internet speeds are much faster when run in this partition. But I encountered the problem of how to extract files downloaded in this partition. I tried to change location of downloaded files to the main internal storage but it doesn't work. It will only store downloaded files in work partition. So how do I move files stored here to the main internal ?.

Is there another file manager that can do this ? Total seems to work in this directory but how can I move or copy the file outside Work ?

Also I know that Work directory is not part of system partition because you can see this clearly in its path in Total Comm. Also I can do all tasks I want within this directory BUT it won't let me move or copy outside this directory. There has to be a way to do this right ? It's not system.