[WCX] SetFolderDate 1.3.0.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

[WCX] SetFolderDate 1.3.0.0

Post by *tbeu »

You can also use the SetFolderDate packer plugin, which respects the ignored files when setting the folder date recursively.

@C++17 developers: I'd like to know why setting the last write time of a directory using the C++17 method std::filesystem::last_write_time always throws in VS2017? See wcx_setfolderdate.cpp for the corresponding lines of code. (It works for regular files though.)

Thread split from <UTIL> Change timestamp of whole dir-trees folders to youngest file.
Last edited by tbeu on 2020-05-03, 09:06 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
mikedepetris

Re: [WCX] SetFolderDate

Post by *mikedepetris »

tbeu wrote: 2019-07-03, 09:00 UTC You can also use the SetFolderDate packer plugin, which respects the ignored files when setting the folder date recursively.

@C++17 developers: I'd like to know why setting the last write time of a directory using the C++17 method std::filesystem::last_write_time always throws in VS2017? See wcx_setfolderdate.cpp for the corresponding lines of code. (It works for regular files though.)
I was using SetFolderDate 1.5
Which version is this? The page reports:
SetFolderDate 1.0.0.1
Version 2.0.0.1
- first public release

A bit confusing.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

mikedepetris wrote: 2019-07-03, 14:55 UTC Which version is this? The page reports:
SetFolderDate 1.0.0.1
Version 2.0.0.1
- first public release

A bit confusing.
Fixed bx SetFolderDate 1.0.0.2. Note that this new packer plugin is independent of the utility tool SetFolderDate 1.5.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

tbeu wrote: 2019-07-05, 19:37 UTC
mikedepetris wrote: 2019-07-03, 14:55 UTC Which version is this? The page reports:
SetFolderDate 1.0.0.1
Version 2.0.0.1
- first public release

A bit confusing.
Fixed bx SetFolderDate 1.0.0.2. Note that this new packer plugin is independent of the utility tool SetFolderDate 1.5.
Tested it, it's very fast but I am getting some errors if I select dirs containing many files, I then tried doing it for subdir ranges and then it worked for all the parent... not clear what is going on, it says "error writing date" or something similar.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Thanks for testing. Would be very helpful if you could reproduce. If there is an extra message box displayed, then the path ofthe appropriate file is display in the title bar.
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

I get "Failed to get last write time", and then another alert "Plugin - Write error!" And this is repeatable.
Digging it down, applying the plugin to each subdirectory, I found the error happens for what seems a very long name:

directory:
"e:\p2p\filmvisti\Valerian.and.the.City.of.a.Thousand.Planets.-.Valerian.e.la.città.dei.mille.pianeti.(2017).French.English-language.3D.science.fiction.adventure.Luc.Besson\" <DIR> 05/01/2018 11:21 -a--

with only this file:
"e:\p2p\filmvisti\Valerian.and.the.City.of.a.Thousand.Planets.-.Valerian.e.la.città.dei.mille.pianeti.(2017).French.English-language.3D.science.fiction.adventure.Luc.Besson\valerian.e.la.citta.dei.mille.pianeti.2017.bdrip.1080p.x264.dts.ita.ac3.eng.subs.lele753.mkv" 9,928,000,082 05/01/2018 11:21 -a--
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Thanks for reporting. Should be fixed by SetFolderDate 1.0.0.4. Since totalcmd.net is currently not available you can get it from here.
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

tbeu wrote: 2019-07-08, 09:14 UTC Thanks for reporting. Should be fixed by SetFolderDate 1.0.0.4. Since totalcmd.net is currently not available you can get it from here.
It's still giving the same error, tried running TC as admin, 32 and 64 bit same result.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Very strange. Can reproduce in the Release configuration, but not in the Debug configuration. Need to analyze...
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

The redate works ok if I rename the directory to something short. If I set it back to:
"Valerian.and.the.City.of.a.Thousand.Planets.-.Valerian.e.la.città.dei.mille.pianeti.(2017).French.English-language.3D.science.fiction.adventure.Luc.Besson"
then I get the error alerts, and I also found with openedfilesview that TC keeps the directory locked.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Both issues should be fixed by updated version SetFolderDate 1.0.0.5.
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

tbeu wrote: 2019-07-12, 12:43 UTC Both issues should be fixed by updated version SetFolderDate 1.0.0.5.
It's working good on the same dir structure now, thanks, more testing coming =)
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

Did some more testing, let's talk about empty directories, what should we do with them? At the moment their timestamp stays untouched when it is the newest in the parent tree and this becomes the timestamp for all. Well in most case I would like to set the timestamp only to the most recent actual file in the tree, not directory. For me this would work always, don't know if it should be optional behavior as I see other tools let you choose what to do with empty dirs.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Should be configurable by SetFolderDate 1.1.0.0.
Last edited by tbeu on 2019-07-20, 07:05 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

tbeu wrote: 2019-07-19, 16:08 UTC Should be configurable by SetFolderData 1.1.0.0.
SetFolderDate 1.1.0.0
fix =)

http://totalcmd.net/plugring/setfolderdate64.html

thank you