Default App is not saved (MediaPlayer)

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Whee

Default App is not saved (MediaPlayer)

Post by *Whee »

Hi,
I noticed that the default app for mp3 files doesn't seem to be saved. I always get prompted to choose the default again.
The default seems to be saved only until the app is restarted.

To replicate:
1. Click in .mp3 file
2. Choose default as Always use the TC Media Player
3. Listen to mp3
3a. opt: Choose another mp3 and this will automatically be played in TC Media -> Ok
4. Close TC and force stop TC
5. Open TC and open any mp3 file -> Prompt

I'm on 3.0b17

I tried it with .jpg for the Google photos app and this seems to be saved, even after restart.
Thanks in advance and the great work
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Default App is not saved (MediaPlayer)

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Saving the default app is a function of Android, not Total Commander. This is usually reset when you (re-)install an app which handles that specific file type.

To avoid the problem, you can define an internal association for mp3, which bypasses the Android association mechanism.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Whee

Post by *Whee »

Hi Christian, please take a look at the video that i took to show this bug (?). In the native files app this mp3 association is working.
This is the newest Android 10 on Pixel 2.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PjayWw7sb-thhrpA1QMgvgekn1SjVPd/view?usp=drivesdk

The file association seems to be only saved (for after app swipe away) if the Media Player is still active (last part of video)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do. This small dialog to pick the app is not part of Total Commander. I just call "open file x" and Android does the rest. The only way to prevent that dialog from opening would be to define an internal association. Then TC doesn't call "open file x" but instead "open file x with app y".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Bruno2

Post by *Bruno2 »

Whee wrote: 2020-02-29, 03:58 UTC Hi,
I noticed that the default app for mp3 files doesn't seem to be saved. I always get prompted to choose the default again.
The default seems to be saved only until the WhatsApp SPAM Plus Apk app is restarted.

To replicate:
1. Click in .mp3 file
2. Choose default as Always use the TC Media Player
3. Listen to mp3
3a. opt: Choose another mp3 and this will automatically be played in TC Media -> Ok
4. Close TC and force stop TC
5. Open TC and open any mp3 file -> Prompt

I'm on 3.0b17

I tried it with .jpg for the Google photos app and this seems to be saved, even after restart.
Thanks in advance and the great work
same issue!

- - - Edit by moderator:

Quoted text from above , but with added hidden URL in tiny size (do you spot it?) >> User banned

Please help us and report such posts (see the [!] button) if you find them on browsing the forum, thanks.
thomasedi

Post by *thomasedi »

It was very helping & i have found something similar to this. which is MX Player for PC and android devices. Here is the link below....
https themxplayerforpc com

[mod=Hacker]Link edited.[/mod]
Edrige

Post by *Edrige »

Have you tried using another Media Player because maybe Which player you are using don't support those MP3 files and I think you should use the VLC Media player maybe it will solved you issue

VLC player
https://play.google.com/ store/ apps/ details?id=org.videolan.vlc&hl=en&gl=US

Best regards

clickable links disabled by moderator

- - - Edit by moderator again:

“User came back to modify his profile to add spam link to an whatsapp-apk as his "Location" >> User banned

Please help us and report such posts (see the [!] button) if you find them on browsing the forum, thanks.
talibandit

Post by *talibandit »

I have the same problem. When I first installed the Total Commander, it asked me what program I wanted to use to play music. I made wrong choice (Google) and now I cannot undo it. Uninstalling Total Commander did not solve the problem. When I uninstalled the Total Commander, its defaults were not erased (big surprise).

By the way, when I registered here, I selected British English because there was no other English choice. I do not comprehend British English - I understand Midwestern American English only.
Whee

Post by *Whee »

talibandit wrote: 2022-02-15, 00:07 UTC I have the same problem. When I first installed the Total Commander, it asked me what program I wanted to use to play music. I made wrong choice (Google) and now I cannot undo it. Uninstalling Total Commander did not solve the problem. When I uninstalled the Total Commander, its defaults were not erased (big surprise).
This setting is actually handled not in Total Commander. It's handled by the general Apps setting.

Go to general settings > Apps > Google Music > reset defaults
talibandit

Post by *talibandit »

Whee wrote: 2022-02-15, 05:56 UTC Go to general settings > Apps > Google Music > reset defaults
I do not have 'Google Music' program. I have 'Google Play Music' program. This program does not have default settings. It has the following settings: Notifications, Permissions, Storage and cache, Mobile data & Wi-Wi, and Advanced.

I have found 'Reset app preferences' in the system options. I used it and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately, it is brute force tool which erases lots of important configurations. I will have to spend about 30 minutes restoring these configurations.

I use Android version 10 and small phone called Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (a.k.a. model H8324). I love this small phone. Unfortunately, Sony announced (in 2019) that it will never make small phones again.