Question about super_wdx plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

D1P

Post by *D1P »

>How about merge folder.ini into super_wdx.ini, something like

Probably so it will be made. At present we with Dmitry Vorotilin (the so-developer of a plugin) did not come yet to a final conclusion as it is necessary to make support of an custom views.
Storage of the information on folders in one ini-file will complicate a little and will slow down work of a plug-in so we should find the optimum decision. If someone has opinions in this occasion - suggest it.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

How to use 4-10 columns?
I saw your words:
'Additional columns in plugin shows automatically, if you set some of this column in SSettings program. '
I've tried it with this
[mp3]
ContentString1=%Album@anytag.wdx%
ContentString2=%Artist@anytag.wdx%
ContentString3=%Title@anytag.wdx%
ContentString4=%Track@anytag.wdx%
First 3 columns work fine. But there's no 4th column show up.
Actually I'm interested in "shows automaticaly". With some file types, extra columns shows up. For other file types, they don't show. Does it suppose to work like this?
But I wonder how it could work. Custom column is defined in TC itself, you can add only no more than 3 columns. Where should 4-10 columns be?
D1P

Post by *D1P »

SUPER_WDX 2.0 prebeta 1 released.
Can seems, that changes cosmetic, and it only completion of the previous release, but it not absolutely so. We with Genius have done the big work, and we hope, that you will like our work.
Unfortunately, we had to change structure of a ini-file, and also to make some changes to lng-files.
As it is usual, we wait for your offers and bugreports.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Still couldn't figure out how to use more than 3 columns.
D1P

Post by *D1P »

Ok, I shall look, in what a problem.

---
Added later: now should be fixed, try new version
D1P

Post by *D1P »

The final version of super_wdx is ready. If someone of a forum members wants to translate a lng-file - make it now and then your translation will be added to final release archive.
Thanks.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

"Database only" seems don't work.
Custom folders view settings are supposed to be saved in dirdata.zip, right? But after finish setting, I can't find it anywhere, and it doesn't work.
Or did I missing something?

Another problem:
With
DelayMode=2
then
<DIR>=%Directory Count (on demand)@DirSizeCalc.wdx% %File Count (on demand)@DirSizeCalc.wdx%
All fields become on demand too, don't show up untill I press space key on the file.
If with DelayMode=0 or 1, those on demoand fields show up automatically.

It would be better 'usual' fields will show up as usual. Only 'on demond' fields reponse to space key.
D1P

Post by *D1P »

2Raymond:
"Database only" seems don't work.
Custom folders view settings are supposed to be saved in dirdata.zip, right? But after finish setting, I can't find it anywhere, and it doesn't work.
Or did I missing something?
Existence of dirdata.zip checked at program each start, and if it is not present SSettings recreate this file. The file must be in the same folder, where plugin. Check, whether there are at you rights of files create in this folder.
It would be better 'usual' fields will show up as usual. Only 'on demond' fields reponse to space key.
Hmmm... You right, all plugin fields work as it setted in SSettings. But I'm not confident, whether it is necessary to change it... I shall check a source code, and I shall choose the optimum decision (optimum - in my humble opinion :) ).

Thanks for response.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

D1P wrote:Existence of dirdata.zip checked at program each start, and if it is not present SSettings recreate this file. The file must be in the same folder, where plugin. Check, whether there are at you rights of files create in this folder.
dirdata.zip is right in the super_wdx plugin folder.
No matter what I set for custom folders view, its size is always 22b, unchangedly.
But I'm not confident, whether it is necessary to change it...
IMHO, it's necessary.
While other fields show up quickly, Directory Count and File Count are more time-consuming, especially for large size folders. I guess that's why the author of DirSizeCalc plugin made them optoinal on demond.
I wish keep this feature when use them in super_wdx.
D1P

Post by *D1P »

No matter what I set for custom folders view, its size is always 22b, unchangedly.
1. Setup any catalog with mode "Database only"
2. Close SSettings.
3. Enter to dirdata.zip in TC. Any files in archive?
4. If yes, and plugin again not worked, then please send me your super_wdx.ini (mail:no_spam[at]students[dot]ru). If no - also send me you ini-file.
IMHO, it's necessary.
Okay, okay, okay... :) I do this if it is possible :)
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

To D1P
I've sent you a mail. Pls check your mailbox.
D1P

Post by *D1P »

I have received your mail, and now I can give answers to you questions.
First: All fields will be caused how it is adjusted in super_wdx, in independence of own filelds type (that is how it works now). Sorry, but this technical restriction, and I do not know as it to bypass. Probably, I shall think up something... But while I do not know.
Second: I have check your debug logs, and, apparently, I see, where a error causes. Soon I shall correct it.

Thanx.
D1P

Post by *D1P »

2Raymond:
I have upload new release. In my opinion, it should work normally on systems with the support of the east-asian codepages. If this version will not work correctly, I should change structure of base of a plug-in cardinally.
van Dusen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *van Dusen »

One more question:

Is it possible to mix "on demand"-values and "delayed"- / "as usual"-values in one Super-column?

Example:

I have defined a Super-column "Merkmale" (="attributes" / "characteristics"). It shows some common attributes for files. Length for audio files, dimensions for graphics etc. Now I'd like to see the number of subdirectories and the number of files for "<Dir>"-entries, provided by Lefteous' plugin <DirSizeCalc.wdx> (fields "Directory count (on demand)" and "File count (on demand)"). I'd like to see these information "on demand", while all other values should be extracted "as usual" or "delayed", respectively.

Data request mode can be defined for all Super-columns only, right?

AFAIR, it isn't possible for a "normal" content plugin to mix on-demand- and in-background-fields in one column. <Super_wdx> is a "meta" content plugin, maybe <Super_wdx> can manage mixed data request modes in one column?

Thanks in advance for any useful hint :)

- van Dusen
D1P

Post by *D1P »

2van Dusen:
It is planned, but i have no time to realise it. This feature requested by many users, please wait some time, and i add it.