On startup all filenames show as icon+two dots until I change width of 'Name' column

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

blackworx

On startup all filenames show as icon+two dots until I change width of 'Name' column

Post by *blackworx »

Have searched both here and web for an answer but can't find anything relevant so guess this may be a bug.

As pic below, when I first launch TC it shows filenames truncated to no characters, with just the icon and two dots, despite the 'Name' column being plenty wide enough to show filenames.

Image: http://www.blackworx.co.uk/upload/tc01.png

When I click and drag 'Name' column to resize - even if I make it narrower - the panel updates to show the filenames.

The only change I have made to my system recently is a new QHD monitor for which I increased the Windows 10 display scaling from 100% to 125%. Changing it back to 100% fixes the problem. All other OS scaling values over 125% also exhibit the same behaviour. I am changing the scaling via the Win 10 "settings app" rather than via control panel.

Folder names are not affected. The symptoms were the same in 9.2x and I just updated to 9.51 to see if it made a difference.

Can supply system specs if required. GPU is integrated - Intel HD 620; drivers up to date.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: On startup all filenames show as icon+two dots until I change width of 'Name' column

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Resize the colums and use Save Position.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
blackworx

Re: On startup all filenames show as icon+two dots until I change width of 'Name' column

Post by *blackworx »

Thank you!