Plese post here, it is a Hotmail test

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I think we should continue in another thread, this is becoming very offtopic, but i would appreciate your help ;-)
Thing is, i was able to login with R.Mustermann@gmx.de
Moderators, please split this thread.
EDIT: well, not so important, i just read the title, it IS offtopic anyway ;-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I tried the WebDAV plugin, no success :-( probably because i am behind firewall, and need NTLM authentication. I circumwent this usually with SocksCap and HTTPort, but this time it doesnt seem to work :-(
This is the log i get:

CONNECT \GMX
Get dir: \
HttpSendRequest failed: Error 12152, FormatMessage error 317
HttpSendRequest failed: Error 12152, FormatMessage error 317
Disconnected
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Ok I succeeded to login with my user name, it was SanskritFritz@gmx.net and not gmx.de :twisted: :evil:
But if the WebDAV plugin is not working for me, it has no use for me, another mail address is not needed for me at the moment ;-)
My account will be deleted in 14 days anyway, because i was unable to provide a good address so far :lol:
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

SanskritFritz wrote:But if the WebDAV plugin is not working for me, it has no use for me,
It should work if you create a "tcwebdav.ini" in the folder where your wincmd.ini is with the folowing content:

Code: Select all

[sanskritfritz]
server=mediacenter.gmx.net
user=sanskritf****gmx.de
ssl=1
I created this account for you.
Get the mail from sanskrit****@gmx.net, I've sent you the Accountdates via email. Of course youll have to replace the *****.

The WebDAV is connected via HTTP so you should be able to connect regardless you use a proxy or not.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Sheepdog wrote:I created this account for you.
You mean the SanskritFritz account? I already have created it ;-)
Sheepdog wrote:The WebDAV is connected via HTTP so you should be able to connect regardless you use a proxy or not.
The problem with this is, that it is not independent from the proxy settings. Our proxy requires Microsoft's NTLM authentication, very few programs support this (InternetExplorer of course, then NetTransport and HTTPort are examples for this). TC definitely does not support it, luckily FTP supports SOCKS4, so with FTP I can use a local SOCKS4 proxy (HTTPort) to bridge to the NTLM proxy. If WebDav supported any proxy, i could use it, but it does not seem to support any proxy. Interestingly enough it does not work with SocksCAP either, which is a little suprise for me, i could even get programs like StrongDC or DC++ to work with it.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

SanskritFritz wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:I created this account for you.
You mean the SanskritFritz account? I already have created it ;-)
I meant the .de account instead of the .net account and sent an email to the net account.
If WebDav supported any proxy, i could use it, but it does not seem to support any proxy.
I don't know enough about how webdav works but assumed that it should work from the log I got while I connected to gmx

CONNECT \sanskritfritz
Get dir: \
PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
Thus I thought you may have possibly wrong settings.

So I'm sorry that I could not help.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I succeeded to connect using tunneling with HTTPort :-)

If anyone is interested, i post the solution here, it is a general solution i also use with game servers like www.vogclub.com or www.kurnik.org or instant messengers:

I first created the following entry in the c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

127.0.0.1 mediacenter.gmx.net
This file acts like a name server, meaning, that if the tcp/ip protocol finds an entry in this file, the given IP address will be used for that. 127.0.0.1 is the localhost, that is my machine.

Then i mapped the mediacenter.gmx.net address in HTTPort to itself by using another port number, so that it will not conflict with the port 80 used by the Internet Browsers.

That's pretty much about it, of course the above makes only sense, if someone knows HTTPort or tunneling in general. (This is not the same what Putty does with SSH tunneling). Feel free to ask questions about it, i will answer if i can ;-)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Our proxy requires Microsoft's NTLM authentication, very few programs support this (InternetExplorer of course, then NetTransport and HTTPort are examples for this). TC definitely does not support it
My WebDAV plugin SHOULD support it, because it uses Microsoft's HTTP libraries, e.g. HttpOpenRequest - you can verify that in my sources. It will use the same proxy settings as Internet Explorer. However, there seems to be a bug in these libraries: The proxy settings aren't used if they are set to "auto-detect proxy" in Internet Explorer. So you may try to set a fixed proxy server to get WebDAV to work.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2ghisler(Author)
Thanks for your answer, i am open for a debugging session ;-)
So, my error was:
HttpSendRequest failed: Error 12152
which means
ERROR_WINHTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE
The server response cannot be parsed.

What can this mean? I have Visual Studio 6, i can istall it if you want. I am not an expert with http communication, but maybe i can help to track down the problem.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

A GMX question: is there a way to publish a folder in mediacenter, so that i just give someone an url, and he can see all files (photos) there?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Start the mediacenter, click the checkmark of the folder you want to share, click on "Ordnerfreigabe".
Choose 10 day or 30 day guest account or permanent if recipient is GMX user.

After that a link is sent to recipient which can be used to get access. If you sent that link to an address you have access to you can give the link away yourself.

Icfu
This account is for sale
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Thanks, I figured that, so there is not way to share a folder permanently, only for gmx members.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Yep, due to the the past regarding warez distribution a permanent share for the public would be too risky I'd say. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Ok, I can understand that. Maybe i was too naive ;-)

Regarding WebDAV, I just figured out, that using the explorer's WebFolder entry in the network neighborhood is perfectly usable from within TC, so no tunneling is needed, not even the plugin :-)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

What can this mean? I have Visual Studio 6, i can istall it if you want. I am not an expert with http communication, but maybe i can help to track down the problem.
Yes, you can try that, but it will probably not help you much, because the HttpSendRequest function doesn't actually tell you how it accesses the server, e.g. via a proxy or not. But it's worth a try. Just set totalcmd.exe as the host application for debugging.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com