F5 Problem

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Halcom

F5 Problem

Post by *Halcom »

Hi friends

When I try to copy files using F5, this hotkey doesn´t work. Even more it doesn´t work in windows or any other program. Can somebody tell me what can I do?
:?

TIA
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Shutdown ATI hotkey poller service or end ATI sytray tool or deactivate that hotkey in the ATI tool.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Halcom

Post by *Halcom »

Thanks Icfu

But I don´t have such a service, i supose it´s caused by a conflict with other program. Is it possible? (could it be alcohol 120% for example?)

again TIA
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Any program that is running can hijack hotkeys and set them globally, ATI is just well known for hijacking Alt-F5.

Fire up your task manager and kill programs one by one. After each kill recheck hotkey in TC.

Of course I presume that you haven't set/deleted any hotkeys yourself in TC. If you don't know anymore open your wincmd.ini and check the section [shortcuts]. If you see an entry F5= there, delete it. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

Also it may depend on the type of keyboard you have. If you have a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard, you have to press the special key that unlocks the function keys. Normally it is located at the top right corner of your keyboard and it looks like an "F" inside a square.
:wink:
Memo to Boss : No TC, No Work
ado

Post by *ado »

...and still is here possiblility, that simly you have broken keyboard...you worte it doesn't work in any program. If you can, just try to use another keyboard. If problem persists, it is definitely software problem, it is goes away, you have to take new keyboard 8)

ado
Halcom

Problem solved

Post by *Halcom »

Hi frends

First of all thanks to all of you who have helped me.
Following your instructions I´ve found that the program that´s been causing my problem with F5 is a memory manager called Ram Drive, so I can now sleep well.

Thanks from Mexico :D