ENG: Small talk / Geplauder / Forum Moderation / Spam-Report / Off-Topic

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC 11.00b10] Use of Change Directory Menu crashes program

Post by *Fla$her »

With a VPN now, anyone can introduce themselves as an Australian. I don't know how the media in Australia is brainwashed, but something tells me that the geography and ideology deliberately woven here do not come from an indigenous representative of Australia at all.
To spread the data of a private conversation from the very first appeal, and even so vile to distort its essence (I asked about community, not nationality or place of residence), a normal Australian is unlikely to become.
My blacklist has been updated today...
Overquoting is evil! 👎
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-07-12, 04:07 UTC With a VPN now, anyone can introduce themselves as an Australian.
I'm not aware how a VPN would help in sending a direct e-mail from an Australian ISP located in Australia for which you need to be an Australian citizen with payment facilities in AUD currency in Australia to get. Look, I'm sure it is possible for someone with much greater technical capabilities than me, but on the balance of probabilities, what's more likely… the guy using XP SP3 on a 20 y.o. computer who can't even figure out why his copy of TC keeps crashing is a simple Australian in Australia with a question to ask… or do you think that same guy is actually a Russian using a VPN to fake sending e-mails from an Australian ISP to pretend that he's an Australian, so he can ask a simple question?

Serious question. Which of those two possibilities do you think is the more likely one? Take into consideration my use of the English language and spelling prowess here when considering your answer.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

If a person is capable of meanness with publicizing a private conversation and even with such xenophobic overtones, then I don't care what geographical or linguistic signs he has, he is a non-grata person for me. The conversation is over.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-07-12, 05:20 UTC If a person is capable of meanness with publicizing a private conversation
Where did I publish what you wrote to me? Show me. Facts matter. I would have replied privately if I knew how to do that.
Hacker

Re: ENG: Small talk / Geplauder / Forum Moderation / Spam-Report / Off-Topic

Post by *Hacker »

Moderator message from: Hacker

Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2023-07-12, 09:01 UTC

DRP535 wrote: 2023-07-12, 02:58 UTC .. just trying to help the development by reporting a bug. I will keep my mouth shut next time.
Your help is appreciated, thank you. Please keep doing it :)
If you don't feel comfortable doing it on the forum, you can also send an email to Mr. Ghisler directly.
DRP535 wrote: 2023-07-12, 05:57 UTC I would have replied privately if I knew how to do that.
You can simply use the reply function of your email software. Your email software will fill in the correct email address taken from the Reply-To field of the email sent to you.

If you don't want to receive emails from forum members, you can disable the feature in your board preferences.
If you want to send an email to a forum member, click on their avatar at the right to go to their profile page. There you will find a link "Send email to ..." if the forum member chose to allow people sending him emails.
On the forum member's profile page there is also a link "Add foe". If you use this option, this forum member's posts on the forum will not be shown to you unless you explicitly choose to view a specific post.

I hope this information is helpful.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

DRP535 wrote: 2023-07-12, 02:58 UTC In answer to Fla$her who sent me a PM asking me if I am Russian: No, I am Australian and Christian knows this from the .com.au ISP address I sent him an e-mail from with my INI file Dir listing info, but thanks for assuming the worst and attacking the person just trying to help the development by reporting a bug. I will keep my mouth shut next time.
Please dont :!: instead just ignore that guy hes not worth getting angry over :lol:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

DRP535 wrote:Where did I publish what you wrote to me
Well, to be fair, you somehat did by writing:
DRP535 wrote:In answer to Fla$her who sent me a PM asking me if I am Russian[/color]
But don't let Fla$her's ways discourage you from posting anything here.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Please dont :!: instead just ignore that guy hes not worth getting angry over
As always, Sir_SiLvA came, pretended to believe in false theses (about nationality, the assumption of the worst and some attacks), and presented his lie as the only correct solution. However, I will be only glad if the trolls keep their sophistic value judgments to themselves, but for some amazing reason, they do not work out with the ignore in any way. 🤷‍♂️
But don't let Fla$her's ways discourage you from posting anything here.
On the subject of TC, let him write what he wants, no one forbids. I had a real answer to his problem, but instead of discussing it with me in private and clarifying the details, he preferred to publicly tell about his attitude to a certain nationality and country. This is a snake act...
Overquoting is evil! 👎
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2023-07-12, 15:03 UTC

Please, everyone, calm down and keep the conversation focused on Total Commander rather than forum members.

Moderator message from: white » 2023-07-12, 16:02 UTC

Apparently someone didn't get the message and still posted about a forum member. Post deleted.
phsm

Re: Test forum updated to PhpBB 3.3.2, please try it

Post by *phsm »

Test
googlemad

Re: Test forum updated to PhpBB 3.3.2, please try it

Post by *googlemad »

Testing
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2023-08-13, 11:58 UTC

Moved two test posts from Test forum updated to PhpBB 3.3.2, please try it to this thread.
Rick Waters

Re: Win11 Context menu displays the item's partly in English instead of Dutch

Post by *Rick Waters »

Recent posts showing MS agressive actions to promote Edge browser and the hoops we must jump to install Google. Leads me to beleive they want us to use File Explorer and have taken enemy action against Total Commander and its cousins. This could explain the lag to TC that is being reported.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Win11 Context menu displays the item's partly in English instead of Dutch

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2023-10-03, 14:57 UTC

Rick Waters wrote: 2023-10-03, 14:40 UTC Recent posts showing MS agressive actions...
Moved post from thread Win11 Context menu displays the item's partly in English instead of Dutch.
Post is off-topic and seems non-sensical.