ENG: Small talk / Geplauder / Forum Moderation / Spam-Report / Off-Topic

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Re: ENG: Small talk / Geplauder / Forum Moderation / Spam-Report / Off-Topic

Post by *Hacker »

Fla$her,
They are implied in this phrase
I was just saying that I don't remember such behavior having happened before. No "old motives" there or anywhere else.

Hacker (Moderator)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Hacker wrote: 2022-10-23, 19:36 UTC I was just saying that I don't remember ...
I have quoted this phrase as it was before the correction. There wasn't "don't". If it wasn't, I wouldn't have started this conversation.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Fla$her,
There is no "don't". This is exactly as it was, only thing I ever changed is that I mentioned you by nickname instead of post number: "This is the first time that I remember where the regulars (and Fla$her) are bickering so harshly, uselessly and not knowing when to stop, that I felt I had to step in."

"This is the first time that I remember" = "I don't remember such behavior having happened before".

Hacker (Moderator)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2Hacker
Then what does "where" have to do with it?
This is the first time that I remember where ...
Then you need to write "In my memory, this is the first time when the regulars ...", then you would have been understood correctly.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Fla$her,
I was referring to the "place", the topic itself, as in "I don't remember any other topic, where such a negative discussion happened". But yes, "when" might have perhaps been clearer in this case.

Hacker (Moderator)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2Hacker
In this case, delete the entire thread, starting from the previous page, please, it turned out to be meaningless.
You can make the proposed edit to the proposal under discussion if you wish.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Normally I don't intervene in these kinds of discussions because I believe in free speech. But free speech ends where it interferes with the rights of others. That's why I have to write a few things here now:

1. Please calm down. This is a technical forum. No one wants to insult others out of nowhere. But we all speak different languages, so it's easy to get misunderstandings. What sounds like a question to the writer "How usefull can be Enter as a shortcut ?" may sound like an insult to the reader (why would anyone do that?). But in reality, the writer just didn't notice the [ShortcutsWin] section mentioned in the post, so the actual shortcut would be Win-Enter.

2. When posting a reply, consider how your post will look to the one who asked the question. If you don't have anything useful to say, then just don't. I don't reply to many posts because I don't have any answer, or no answer which is better than what other forum users have posted.

3. Try no to to be rude even if the other poster was, this will just escalate the debate instead of bringing results. Always ask yourself: Would you say such a thing in real life, in the face of a boxer or football player who is 2 heads taller than you are? If no, then it's better not to say it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Fla$her,
In this case, delete the entire thread
As said previously, the moderators aren't really allowed to delete posts, unless they're spam, against the law, or double-posts. If you wish and the forum allows, you can delete your own posts yourself.

Hacker (Moderator)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
Your thoughts are absolutely clear and fair, but they are generalized and do not relate to a specific example that we touched upon with the moderator, where he exposes my message as arrogant, which, as I explained above, is completely far-fetched. There is no subtext there, there is only a desire to understand the details of the request, where perhaps the author could not have known the obvious things, like the same person who (as I indicated by the link) did not know the differences between plugins and utilities. Therefore, speaking of "calm down", it would be logical to turn to Hacker with this in making decisions about transferring posts to this topic.

Hacker wrote: 2022-10-24, 10:21 UTC As said previously, the moderators aren't really allowed to delete posts, unless they're spam, against the law, or double-posts. If you wish and the forum allows, you can delete your own posts yourself.
This permission, as far as I understand, concerns situations when they are not agreed with the author of the posts. And as you can see, I am not just giving permission for this, but asking you about it. Only the administration can delete posts, except the last one. I can only correct the text in the posts. If I clean up the text, leaving your answers, can you imagine how stupid it will look? Therefore, it is logical to delete everything at once.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Fla$her,
I am not just giving permission for this, but asking you about it. Only the administration can delete posts, except the last one. I can only correct the text in the posts. If I clean up the text, leaving your answers, can you imagine how stupid it will look?
I am sorry, I will neither delete your posts, nor will I delete mine, even if you edit / have someone delete yours. Feel free to ask any other moderator or Christian.

Hacker (Moderator)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Hacker wrote: 2022-10-24, 18:45 UTChave someone delete yours. Feel free to ask any other moderator or Christian.
It would make sense if you gave the go-ahead to delete your answers, otherwise we return to the bad tone, where quotes of text from deleted posts are left.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Fla$her,
Well, I politely refuse to have my posts deleted, and you are free to do with yours as you wish.

Hacker (Moderator)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Based on the degree of uselessness of this discussion thread, I dare say that this is my last (not moved) message here.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
blacky

Post by *blacky »

white wrote: 2022-09-19, 11:01 UTC
blacky wrote: 2022-09-19, 08:11 UTC added the the wiki :
https://www.ghisler.ch/wikide/index.php?title=Usercmd.ini_Einstellungen
by the way, you are able to copy the german Wiki entry to wikien so also in different languages..
TCWikide wrote: This entry is under CC and can anyone copy and translate to his own language.. Blackcrack
2blacky
What are you trying to do here?
there be different lang wikis and in the wiki is wrote, you must have the consent
for copy anything.. so, this have i give.. you can edit also and rewrite in correct way..
or maybe remove the sets ..
best :)
Meine Blackysgate.de/net
Ma' Personal licence : already one. Hab auch eine
Mein Computer : Einer/once ??? bahh, Rz/Data Centre !
Kitchen, Liv.room, TV, Schlafz.. Sch...
BS/OS: Win3.1/7, Fedora a. other, Reactos
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

2blacky
1. You shouldn't use English in the German wiki.
2. It is not clear what you mean with "This entry". Do you mean only your contributions? You cannot speak for other contributors.
3. If you do want to give explicit consent for your contributions, perhaps the discussion page is better suited for that.