Changing file's font size independently

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

viktor

Changing file's font size independently

Post by *viktor »

I have a question about changing file's font size independently from the folder's font size. How to change the wincmd.ini to do this?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

viktor
It's impossible at present.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
viktor

Post by *viktor »

Thanx for the answer.
Is there any promise about this from the authors?
Am I the only user who would be happy with this feature?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

viktor
If such a feature will be implemented, the lines containing files and folders will be of different height. And how will they look in, for example, Brief mode? And in Full mode/Custom Columns mode - should additional information data be written with folder's font or with file's font? Or something else? Such suggestions should be defined very clear and in full details!
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
viktor

Post by *viktor »

OK, I accept your judgement but then instead of changing file size they could make a feature to change the folder's font into Bold and simultaneously leave the file's font in normal.
van Dusen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *van Dusen »

Yes, would be useful, if you could change font styles depending on file type definitions. Could be added to the "Define colors by filetype" dialog...

...BTW: You can define another font colour for directories: "Configuration", "Color": "Define colors by file type...". This doesn't meet your requirement, but it's a workaround at least.