register -> key

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

eydaimon

register -> key

Post by *eydaimon »

I registered on May 8th, and still have not received a key.

The reason I got for not receiving a key was because I had registered with hotmail, and another email address was requested, so I provded one.

The domain which my email has - domain.com for our purposes - does not have a www host, ie. www.domain.com. It doesn't need one because it's not a www server. Christian or whomever use this to verify the host, and has not replied to me with an answer regarding a key or anything.

I'm running short on patience, I think this is ridiculous.

Why does it matter if I have a public email or not when I could download the crack from tons of websites on the internet?

I've chosen to purchase the software because I like it, and wanted to contribute. I have serious doubts in regards to this being a good choice at this point.

Has anyone else had this problem?
eydaimon

Post by *eydaimon »

I received the key in the mailbox. I'm still disappointed with what I've received as far as support in email, but I'm happy to have gotten the mailed version in a fairly timely manner.
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

No offence, eydaimon, but if you need support, I believe this forum is the best way to go. If you need some help with a certain issue in TC, you can be sure that there are other users who's had the same problem. mr. Ghisler frequents this forum, too, btw.
license #76904
eydaimon

Post by *eydaimon »

TucknDar wrote:No offence, eydaimon, but if you need support, I believe this forum is the best way to go. If you need some help with a certain issue in TC, you can be sure that there are other users who's had the same problem. mr. Ghisler frequents this forum, too, btw.
No offense taken.

But this was a getting a key issue. I don't see how other users could have helped me with that :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry for being so careful, but after each update we get many orders from freemail addresses which later get a chargeback. We even received e-mails from some users who received a CD which they never ordered. It's really a problem for us, so we think about not accepting orders from free mail addresses at all. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
eydaimon

Post by *eydaimon »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry for being so careful, but after each update we get many orders from freemail addresses which later get a chargeback. We even received e-mails from some users who received a CD which they never ordered. It's really a problem for us, so we think about not accepting orders from free mail addresses at all. :(
thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure how free mails would be any different than something you'd pay for? It's sooo easy to get an account somewhere.

Maybe the problem is elsewhere? How do the chargebacks happen? Maybe there's some verification there that's not quite right.