TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *deus-ex »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-12, 11:08 UTC The problem was found. Wait for corrections. It's all about the "COMMANDER_PROGRAM" variable.
Correct. I was just about to point that out. :)
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hacker wrote: 2021-09-12, 11:14 UTC AkulaBig,
The readme file says that I do not check the bit depth of IrfanView. Why do I need this? I am checking the bit depth of the TC. And at TC32 I read path=, at TC64 path=
Shouldn't at TC64 the plugin read path64?
That's what I'm trying to communicate. :)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Version 1.2:
- fixed a bug with paths to IrfanView.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Hacker wrote: 2021-09-12, 11:14 UTC Shouldn't at TC64 the plugin read path64?
You are absolutely right, of course-the same path64= So the translator freaks out
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2AkulaBig

You are lousy when it comes to marketing. ;) You either could have provided a link to the download location or a direct download link.

TC IrfanView Plugin has just been updated to v1.2: download page
Last edited by deus-ex on 2021-09-12, 17:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

I saw this "COMMANDER_PROGRAM" in wlx file - such a environment variable doesn't exist, maybe you mean "COMMANDER_EXE"?

EDIT: wrote before try new version, it seems to be corrected.
Last edited by Gral on 2021-09-12, 12:23 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

deus-ex wrote: 2021-09-12, 11:46 UTC
Hacker wrote: 2021-09-12, 11:14 UTC AkulaBig,
The readme file says that I do not check the bit depth of IrfanView. Why do I need this? I am checking the bit depth of the TC. And at TC32 I read path=, at TC64 path=
Shouldn't at TC64 the plugin read path64?
That's what I'm trying to communicate. :)
Me too :)

It seems that version 1.2 works correctly, at least in the matter of bitness.
But still:
- can not access magnification combo box
- file name on title bar doesn't change if press arrow for next/previous file
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

deus-ex wrote: 2021-09-12, 12:04 UTC You are lousy when it comes to marketing.
There is a link on the first page. Of course, I have already been written that I need to design my plugin page. But I don't want to do it so much. I didn't plan to create a page here to discuss my plugin. To be honest, there is absolutely no time for this. I just came here and saw that there were questions. The topic has almost exhausted itself, so I want to leave everything as it is.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Gral wrote: 2021-09-12, 12:19 UTC But still:
- can not access magnification combo box
- file name on title bar doesn't change if press arrow for next/previous file
I have already answered these questions for you. Do you think that if you remind me about this on every page, it will go faster? The fact is that it is not possible to install hooks in IV 32. So maybe this is the last update of the plugin.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-12, 12:40 UTC Do you think that if you remind me about this on every page, it will go faster?
And you think that will be faster after your reply?
Communication with you is very, very hard.
About inproper working "path" we wrote many posts and you were looking for our fault.
When i see some bugs in program or plugin i report to author.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-12, 12:37 UTC There is a link on the first page. Of course, I have already been written that I need to design my plugin page. But I don't want to do it so much. I didn't plan to create a page here to discuss my plugin. To be honest, there is absolutely no time for this. I just came here and saw that there were questions. The topic has almost exhausted itself, so I want to leave everything as it is.
It's all good, you don't need to open a new discussion thread, as suggested by Stefan2, if you don't want to. Thank you for taking the time to come by for a discussion. I think you can agree it was time well spent.

Many greetings to Russia. :)
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Gral wrote: 2021-09-12, 12:52 UTC And you think that will be faster after your reply?
About inproper working "path" we wrote many posts and you were looking for our fault.
Please calm down. It's not like you are a paying customer for this plugin, it is offered for free. AkulaBig owes us nothing in that regard.

Also, note that there is a language barrier that AkulaBig has to overcome which certainly adds comprehension difficulties sometimes. It's not like we are able to speak Russian, right? I'm really happy that AkulaBig took the effort upon himself to have a discussion and accept suggestions.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Thank you for support. You understand everything correctly. I try to solve problems as they arise. But not everything can be solved. At least quickly. My work is not related to programming, so I don't even have anyone to consult with. Only the sources of other plugins and the Internet. And I am engaged in the plugin only in my free time. During this time, many improvements have been made in the plugin and many bugs have been fixed. But it will take me some time to solve the last issues.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

deus-ex wrote: 2021-09-12, 13:28 UTC
Gral wrote: 2021-09-12, 12:52 UTC And you think that will be faster after your reply?
Please calm down. It's not like you are a paying customer for this plugin, it is offered for free. AkulaBig owes us nothing in that regard.

Also, note that there is a language barrier that AkulaBig has to overcome which certainly adds comprehension difficulties sometimes. It's not like we are able to speak Russian, right? I'm really happy that AkulaBig took the effort upon himself to have a discussion and accept suggestions.
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=405490#p405490 :?:
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2Gral

That's why I wrote: "whether intended or not". It was how I perceived his sentence and I wanted to make him aware of that. When you read on you will find that the issue was solved.

I hope you take in this entire discussion to reflect a little upon yourself and perhaps improve on your attitude. I did not mean to harm you, just giving you my point of view. :)