TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *tuska »

2Akulabig

Thank you very much for your explanations and hints in your last posts. :)
Only now I understand why some things are not feasible.
That was not clear to me for a very long time.

After I achieve in principle with your settings (1.a, 2.a, 3.a)
the same results as with my settings (1.b, 2.c, 3.b), I switch back to my settings.

For me, therefore, all questions are clarified.
Thanks again and no offense.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2022-07-19, 07:37 UTC Only now I understand why some things are not feasible.
IrfanView is a separate program. I am not its developer. Therefore, it is impossible to correctly embed it in Lister TC. They both use the same keyboard shortcuts. The plugin simply won't understand which action to choose. Therefore, I have released two versions of the plugin. 1.X fully supports EU hotkeys, after double-clicking on the screen, IrfanView hotkeys start working. But not in full. The plugin version 2.X supports all IrfanView functions, but does not support Lister TC. You have to choose which option suits you.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2022-07-19, 08:38 UTC
tuska wrote: 2022-07-19, 07:37 UTC Only now I understand why some things are not feasible.
IrfanView is a separate program. I am not its developer. Therefore, it is impossible to correctly embed it in Lister TC.
They both use the same keyboard shortcuts. The plugin simply won't understand which action to choose.
Therefore, I have released two versions of the plugin. 1.X fully supports EU hotkeys, after double-clicking on the screen,
IrfanView hotkeys start working. But not in full. The plugin version 2.X supports all IrfanView functions,
but does not support Lister TC. You have to choose which option suits you.
I hope you haven't misunderstood me.

I meant these statements:
AkulaBig wrote: 2022-07-19, 06:32 UTC
tuska wrote: 2022-07-18, 21:34 UTC But the main problem with the focus of the lister window
It's not a glitch, it's a feature. Otherwise, you will not be able to scroll the image with the mouse wheel. ...
tuska wrote: 2022-07-18, 21:34 UTC problem with the toolbar buttons, which sometimes are not available, remains.
See the Horst.Epp response above.
I have long decided to use "TC IrfanView Plugin 1.71".
For me, everything is clear.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2022-07-19, 07:37 UTC After I achieve in principle with your settings (1.a, 2.a, 3.a)
the same results as with my settings (1.b, 2.c, 3.b), I switch back to my settings.
In fact, there are only two IrfanView settings needed by the plugin:
[Viewing]
FitWindowOption=3
This allows you to display an image without sliders and show all the toolbar buttons.
[Extensions]
CustomExtensions=ACR|ANI|ARW|AWD|B3D|BMP|CDR|CLP|CRW|CR2|CR3|CRW|CUR|DCM|DCR|DDS|DCX|DIB|DJVU|DNG|ECW|EMF|ERF|EXR|FPX|G3|GIF|HDP|HEIC|ICO|ICS|IFF|IMA|IMG|IW44|J2K|JFIF|JPC|JP2|JPE|JPEG|JPF|JPG|JPM|JLS|JNG|JXL|JXR|KDC|LBM|MNG|MOS|MPO|MRC|MRW|MSK|NEF|OFR|QOI|PBM|PCD|PCX|PDN|PEF|PGM|PNG|PPM|PSD|PSB|PSP|RAF|RAS|RAW|RGB|RLE|RW2|RWL|SFF|SGI|SID|SRF|SRW|SUN|SVG|SWF|TIF|TIFF|TGA|WBMP|WEBP|WDP|WMF|WPG|WSQ|X3F|XBM|XCF|XPM|XR|
This allows you not to display errors about an incorrect file extension when scrolling with the mouse.

All other settings can be yours. But some users have such unusual settings in the ini file that the plugin stops working. I have no interest in dealing with IrfanView settings. Therefore, I write that it is mandatory to use my settings.
For example, one of the settings file contained the following line
[Others]
INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView
it is clear that in this case the plugin will not work, but the person did not understand this and refused to change it.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2022-07-19, 08:51 UTC For me, everything is clear.
I figured it out. I just explained the principle by which to choose the plugin version. I don't understand why it bothers you that the focus is in window IV?
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Now I will tell you about my choice.
tuska wrote: 2022-07-18, 18:05 UTC For this reason I ask you the following questions:
In which path should the i_view64.exe be located in your opinion?
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\ (Plugin Install Location)

C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini - What do you think should be in this file?
[Options] ... and nothing else?
But I myself use IV32 in TC64 :) That 's why I have it written there
[Options]
path64=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.exe

i_view64.ini - which one should i use...
Your original file: C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\i_view64.ini .... ( 6.85 KB)

plus your settings. At the same time, it is better not to touch the zoom settings. Rather, check whether the plugin works with them correctly.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2022-07-19, 08:56 UTC I don't understand why it bothers you that the focus is in window IV?
If I open the lister with F3 (irfanview) and the title bar from the lister is only grayed out, i.e. it doesn't have the focus,
then I can't IMMEDIATELY switch to other plugins by pressing the number 4 [several times], which e.g. can also display images.

I always have to click on the title bar of the lister window first and only after that I can press the number 4.
(The plugin "Imagine" also has a toolbar, and when scrolling with the arrow keys the focus is always kept).

This serves on the one hand to determine whether an image can be displayed better with another plugin, on the other hand for testing purposes.

Another example here is the file extension "ARW".
Such images can be viewed with different plugins (e.g. IrfanView, PhotoViewer, Imagine) in the lister.
Only with the plugin "Imagine" it comes to ... "Interpolation - Converting" ...
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2022-07-19, 10:00 UTC (The plugin "Imagine" also has a toolbar, and when scrolling with the arrow keys the focus is always kept).
Imagine is integrated with the plugin, and IrfanView is a separate program. I don't understand at all why open an image in IrfanView and immediately switch to viewing with another plugin. Why use multiple plugins to view one extension at all. You are the first one who needed such functionality. But I can't help you in any way.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2022-07-19, 14:00 UTC
tuska wrote: 2022-07-19, 10:00 UTC (The plugin "Imagine" also has a toolbar, and when scrolling with the arrow keys the focus is always kept).
Imagine is integrated with the plugin, and IrfanView is a separate program.
I don't understand at all why open an image in IrfanView and immediately switch to viewing with another plugin.
Why use multiple plugins to view one extension at all. You are the first one who needed such functionality.
But I can't help you in any way.
Please don't rack your brains anymore - I am very happy with everything,
now that you have given me some detailed background information. :)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

A new version of the IrfanView plugin has been released.
Version 1.8:
+ added support for FreeCommander XE (there are minor flaws).
+ added support for Double Commander (there are minor flaws).
* significant code change. Now full Lister support.

In fact, the changes are revolutionary. I finally figured out how to do full Lister support. Now I have switched to this version of the plugin myself.
So test, ask questions.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Version 1.8 works fine here with my test suite of image formats.
I'll try it some time on top off all other image plugins.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2AkulaBig
Congratulations! :)

I think that with version 1.8 all the points that we have discussed above are SOLVED for me!
For me, this version works excellently!

For tests I have also used a lot of file types
(among others, additional test images were kindly provided by Horst.Epp and lezerogan2 at that time).

Many thanks for your efforts!

Windows 11 Pro (x64) Version 22H2 (OS build Build 22621.1485)
TC 10.52 x64/x86 | TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Thank you for the good reviews. I myself am very glad that I finally managed to make a full-fledged plugin.
Klaus20

Post by *Klaus20 »

First of all, thank you very much for the plugin.
When I open *.jpg with F3 I always get the message "Invalid Application Path". Can someone tell me how I can turn it off? Have "wlx_tcirfanView_1.8.1.7z" installed.
Regards Klaus
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Hi,

At present, the file irfanview.ini is overwritten each time a TC IrfanView Plugin version is installed, e.g.
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini -> for me this corresponds to %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini.

I.e. the file irfanview.ini contains after a plugin installation only the section [Options] (!) - without the paths to your IrfanView installation.
It is therefore advisable to create a backup once of the irfanview.ini file, eg irfanview_Backup.ini
to transfer the content with the paths to the file irfanview.ini after an installation.

The PATH to the i_view64.exe or i_view32.exe of your IrfanView installation must therefore be added to this file(!).

Example:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini

Code: Select all

[Options]
path64=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.exe