TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AkulaBig

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-05-24, 12:24 UTC I suggest that you add the file "irfanview.sample.ini" to the file "wlx_TCIrfanView_2.54.7z"
I will definitely do it. I am currently preparing version 1.8.3. Which will have a lot of changes. Including the ability to use the IrfanView context menu. Now it is not possible to solve one problem. After that, I have planned to update all my plugins using the techniques worked out in 1.8.3. Although this problem does not affect the rest of the plugins. So wait for updates.

By the way, thanks for the link to the discussion 2.54. I didn't know that another topic was created for my plugin.
lxg208

Post by *lxg208 »

I downloaded 2.55 from totalcmd.net and changed the path64 to my irfanview. It somewhat works. The issue is that I have to do Ctrl-Q for a quick view before I'm able to use F3 directly. If I don't do a quick view first, then nothing happens when I press F3. Could you please fix this?

The thing I like this plugin vs internal setting is that I can add additional file to use lister, e.g. svg files.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC I downloaded 2.55 from totalcmd.net and changed the path64 to my irfanview. It somewhat works. The issue is that I have to do Ctrl-Q for a quick view before I'm able to use F3 directly. If I don't do a quick view first, then nothing happens when I press F3. Could you please fix this?
I have an image immediately after pressing F3.
Explain, when you press F3 IV, an empty screen appears in it? Or doesn't even IV show up?
lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC The thing I like this plugin vs internal setting is that I can add additional file to use lister, e.g. svg files.
Files with the svg extension are already included in the viewing by the plugin.
Ceras

Post by *Ceras »

The same problem happens to me.

An empty screen appears to have appeared for a while and then disappeared, and I can't see the image file normally.

Maybe it's because of the ulister plugin, but I don't know the details.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC I downloaded 2.55 from totalcmd.net and changed the path64 to my irfanview. It somewhat works.
The issue is that I have to do Ctrl-Q for a quick view before I'm able to use F3 directly.
If I don't do a quick view first, then nothing happens when I press F3. Could you please fix this?
Plugin-Installation
Point 6. wrote: ATTENTION: In order for the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." to be created AUTOMATICALLY in the file "wincmd.ini"
in the section [ListerPlugins], the plugin must be executed IMMEDIATELY, i.e. F3 or Ctrl+Q must be pressed for the image preview.
If you first move the plugin "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx" under Lister-Plugins (.WLX): Configure
to the desired position on top, then the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." will no longer be generated automatically!
Click on "OK", "OK". --- F3 e.g. on a JPG file...
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Ceras wrote: 2023-06-06, 08:46 UTC An empty screen appears to have appeared for a while and then disappeared, and I can't see the image file normally.
This is due to the fact that you have incorrectly spelled out the path to the IV in the irfanview.ini file. See the examples in the irfanview.sample.ini file.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 10:26 UTC Plugin-Installation
Point 6. wrote: ATTENTION: In order for the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." to be created AUTOMATICALLY in the file "wincmd.ini"
in the section [ListerPlugins], the plugin must be executed IMMEDIATELY, i.e. F3 or Ctrl+Q must be pressed for the image preview.
If you first move the plugin "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx" under Lister-Plugins (.WLX): Configure
to the desired position on top, then the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." will no longer be generated automatically!
Click on "OK", "OK". --- F3 e.g. on a JPG file...
Thank you. I didn't know about it myself. You already know a lot more than me about installing even my plugin :D
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2AkulaBig
I have also learned this installation condition myself only recently from user Dalai. :)

Btw,
wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.3 brings after F3 Lister (irfanview) only an incomplete IrfanView - toolbar.

Please check.
Thanks!
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 10:45 UTC Btw,
wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.3 brings after F3 Lister (irfanview) only an incomplete IrfanView - toolbar.
Hmm, I don't understand what you're talking about at all. Can I have a screenshot?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

I try with F3 to show this image in the lister (Title bar is ok!...):
Lister (irfanview) - [D:\Bilder\_Testbilder\Testbilder_GESAMT\oivt.jpg]
-> I get 10 IrfanView - icons displayed.
-> I only get a gray area instead of the image.

wincmd.ini

Code: Select all

[ListerPlugins]
6=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx
6_detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="ACR"|EXT="ANI"|EXT="ARW"|EXT="AWD"|EXT="B3D"|EXT="BMP"|EXT="CAM"|EXT="CDR"|EXT="CIN"|EXT="CLP"|EXT="CR2"|EXT="CR3"|EXT="CRW"|EXT="CUR"|EXT="DCM"|EXT="DDS"|EXT="DCR"|EXT="DCX"|EXT="DIB"|EXT="DJVU"|EXT="DNG"|EXT="DPX"|EXT="ECW"|EXT="EMF"|EXT="ERF"|EXT="EXR"|EXT="FIT"|EXT="FITS"|EXT="FPX"|EXT="G3"|EXT="GIF"|EXT="HDP"|EXT="HEIC"|EXT="ICO"|EXT="ICS"|EXT="IFF"|EXT="IMA"|EXT="IMG"|EXT="IW44"|EXT="J2K"|EXT="JFIF"|EXT="JP2"|EXT="JPC"|EXT="JPE"|EXT="JPEG"|EXT="JPF"|EXT="JPG"|EXT="JPM"|EXT="JLS"|EXT="JNG"|EXT="JXL"|EXT="JXR"|EXT="KDC"|EXT="LBM"|EXT="MNG"|EXT="MOS"|EXT="MPO"|EXT="MRC"|EXT="MRW"|EXT="MSK"|EXT="NEF"|EXT="NRW"|EXT="OFR"|EXT="QOI"|EXT="PBM"|EXT="PCD"|EXT="PCX"|EXT="PDN"|EXT="PEF"|EXT="PGM"|EXT="PNG"|EXT="PPM"|EXT="PSB"|EXT="PSD"|EXT="PSP"|EXT="RAF"|EXT="RAS"|EXT="RAW"|EXT="RGB"|EXT="RLE"|EXT="RW2"|EXT="RWL"|EXT="SFF"|EXT="SFW"|EXT="SGI"|EXT="SID"|EXT="SRF"|EXT="SRW"|EXT="SUN"|EXT="SVG"|EXT="TGA"|EXT="TIF"|EXT="TIFF"|EXT="WAD"|EXT="WAL"|EXT="WB1"|EXT="WBC"|EXT="WBZ"|EXT="WBMP"|EXT="WDP"|EXT="WEBP"|EXT="WMF"|EXT="WPG"|EXT="WSQ"|EXT="X3F"|EXT="XBM"|EXT="XCF"|EXT="XPM"|EXT="XR")"
Total Commander (x64) 11.00b5

Name/Ext						Size	Date			Attr
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini	159	19.07.2022 00:39	-a--
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx	139 264	05.06.2023 16:27	-a--
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx64	159 744	05.06.2023 16:26	-a--
wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.2 (1) - 24.4.2023 worked fine.
TC IrfanView Plugin 2.55 works fine.
Max33Verstappen

Post by *Max33Verstappen »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 10:40 UTC
Ceras wrote: 2023-06-06, 08:46 UTC An empty screen appears to have appeared for a while and then disappeared, and I can't see the image file normally.
This is due to the fact that you have incorrectly spelled out the path to the IV in the irfanview.ini file. See the examples in the irfanview.sample.ini file.
This seems to be a bug introduced in 2.55
In "i_view64.ini":

[WinPosition]
Maximized=1
"Maximized" must be set to "1", otherwise the Irfan windows will disappear but the process (i.e.: i_view64.exe) is still running.
2.54 works fine.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 11:06 UTC -> I get 10 IrfanView - icons displayed.
Write in more detail, what does this mean? I can't understand it with a translator.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-06, 11:34 UTC

[WinPosition]
Maximized=1
I checked with both Maximized=1 and Maximized=0. Everything works well for me. In 2.55 I changed only the processing of irfanview.ini. I need a more detailed description of the error. Since I couldn't figure out what was going on with the translator.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2AkulaBig

The image is not displayed and the toolbar is incomplete (1.8.3).

I would like to add that TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.3 works (image display and full toolbar)
- if another lister plugin, e.g. PhotoViewer is still ABOVE TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.3
  (the plugins are processed from top to bottom) and ...
- if then after F3 Lister (photoviewer) the number 4 is pressed and thus the image preview with Lister (irfanview) is called up.

I.e. for me the problem exists only with the call of the Lister with F3 provided that the TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.3
has been configured to display a .jpg file in the preview as the first plugin.

PS:
I have not changed anything in the configuration.

C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini

[Options]
path64=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 12:12 UTC I would like to add that TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.3 works (image display and full toolbar)
Try this build https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KLo36IeVZ8pRmmYLtPkBjf54_ZYcUlsx/view?usp=sharing