Copy/Move file/directory from PC to Android TV box

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Juerg

Copy/Move file/directory from PC to Android TV box

Post by *Juerg »

I have a Nokia Streaming Box 8000 running Android TV 10 and SW version 10.6.1300 and would like to be able to copy/move files and directories from my Windows 10 PC to the external HDD attached to the Box. There are a number of hurdles that I have overcome but I’m not quite there yet.
Total Commander for Android is installed on the Box. I have formatted the HDD in exFAT
Installed the Microsoft exFAT/NTFS from the Playstore to give the Box access to the HDD. TC can now see files/directories on the HDD
On my PC, I have a Core FTP server running
In TC, I have installed the FTP Plugin 2.42 and it can reach the server on my PC

I am now able to copy files from my PC to the HDD in 2 steps using TC
1) Copy from PC to internal storage of the Box
2) Copy from internal storage to the external HDD
Unfortunately, this is no good because the internal storage is small and I cannot use it as intermediate storage for large files eg. video files.
If the Box were rooted, I could surely do the copy/move in a single step. However, I have not yet found a way to root this Box. Are other ideas on how to copy/move files directly from PC to external storage attached to a Android TV Box ?
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Copy/Move file/directory from PC to Android TV box

Post by *Gral »

I have a Linux DVB receiver and PC connected to the router with Ethernet cables. The receiver appears in "Network Neighborhood" and I can copy files without any additional programs or treatments. Is this not possible in your case?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The Microsoft exFAT/NTFS plugin does not support direct plugin to plugin file transfers because it does not implement the necessary functions. Please contact the plugin developer and ask them to add it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Juerg

Post by *Juerg »

Thanks for your quick response. The plugin developer is Paragon and I will try to contact them about this. Any ideas on the specifics I should ask for? I'm not terribly familiar with the nitty-gritty level of these applications.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please ask them to support the functions for plugin to plugin file transfers, like the other plugins do. I have tried to contact them myself, but didn't get any reaction. Maybe you as a customer have more luck reaching them and getting a reply.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com