Ignore List not working on Desktop path

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bogordo

Ignore List not working on Desktop path

Post by *bogordo »

Hi,
I needed admin permission to install TC on my work computer (my boss installed) so i guess the ignore list is not working because permissions issue? the thing is that is working in all the paths except in the Desktop, Win 10.
Thank you
TC license #346559
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Ignore List not working on Desktop path

Post by *petermad »

I needed admin permission to install TC on my work computer (my boss installed) so i guess the ignore list is not working because permissions issue?
I shouldn't be, if the file you have write permissions to the ignore list file.

the thing is that is working in all the paths except in the Desktop, Win 10.
Is it in \\Desktop\ or in c:\Users\username\Desktop\ that it does not work for you? It will not work in \\Desktop because it is a virtual folder, not a real folder.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

\\Desktop\ is a virtual folder a merge between your personal desktop %userprofile%\desktop and the public desktop.

Ignore list have no effect in virtual folder and can be considered as a bug if you do not look in the help !
F1 help on ignore list:
Only files in the file system can be ignored. Files on ftp servers, within archives, plugins or virtual folders like the desktop cannot be ignored.

You can submit an feature request !

--Edited
bogordo

Post by *bogordo »

You are right (i didn't know about "2 desktop" thing...), so the questin is: can i set up so my actual \\Desktop\ would be c:\Users\username\Desktop\? thus, when i want to download a file from the internet and i select Desktop (with Desktop icon...) i put things into the c:\Users\username\Desktop\ path? thus...can i ignore the virtual desktop?

Thank you,
TC license #346559
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

bogordo wrote: 2022-01-20, 10:52 UTC when i want to download a file from the internet and i select Desktop (with Desktop icon...) i put things into the c:\Users\username\Desktop\ path? thus...can i ignore the virtual desktop?
This is already the case if you run web application as logged user !
You can add also personal desktop in hot-list or a button or use Petermad Extended English Menus for quick navigation !
if you want to ignore lnk file in this folder you can add in your ignore list %userprofile%\Desktop\*.lnk this will be correctly bypassed.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

bogordo wrote: 2022-01-20, 10:52 UTC when i want to download a file from the internet and i select Desktop (with Desktop icon...) i put things into the c:\Users\username\Desktop\ path? thus...can i ignore the virtual desktop?
This is already the case if you run web application as logged user !
You can add also personal desktop in hot-list or a button or use Petermad Extended English Menus for quick navigation !
if you want to ignore lnk file in this folder you can add in your ignore list %userprofile%\Desktop\*.lnk this will be correctly bypassed.
bogordo

Post by *bogordo »

Mm no, i am logged but when trying to save something to Desktop the desktop i see is the "virtual" one, not the one where i can apply ignorelist... :roll:
I did't know about these "2 desktop" staff...
TC license #346559