Skip buttons for Copy/Movie operations

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rekrul

Skip buttons for Copy/Movie operations

Post by *Rekrul »

Sometimes I will select a bunch of files and tell TC to copy or move them to another drive, and in the middle of the operation, I realize that I've accidentally selected some large files that I didn't mean to. I then have to cancel the operation, unselect those files and start the operation again.

It would be nice if there was a button that could be used to skip the current file and just move onto the next one.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Skip buttons for Copy/Movie operations

Post by *solid »

After cancelling the copy operation, TC leaves selected files which were not copied yet.
Rekrul

Post by *Rekrul »

Yes, but you still have to manually unselect the file(s) you don't want copied and then re-start the operation. It would be a lot more convenient if you could just click a Skip button.
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

Personally, I would be afraid to use it. If the processed file changed while I was in the process of clicking on the button, I might skip a different file. Sure, it's an edge-case, but so is the situation when I copy a bunch of files and I change my mind about one of them.
I'm not against adding such button, I just won't use it because of the above.
BTW, the TC's BackgroundTransferManager allows such operations, though it has its own limitations.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64