TC 3.24 shows only empty directories

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ienne

TC 3.24 shows only empty directories

Post by *ienne »

Hello.

I have used TC on Android for years without any issues and for months on my current Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. In fact, as on WIndows, I depend from TC for very many key tasks!

Since a few (2-3?) weeks and perhaps since the last system updates (I think I got a couple recently; I am now on Android 12, One UI 4.0), TC shows a completely empty directory no matter what. Initially, I remember it showing nomally directories in both panes, but then first one would fail and then both. I remember distinctly getting it to work again by rebooting, but then it would eventually get wrong again. Now, even rebooting, there is nothing in the displayed directory and "..", the home icon, and the refresh icon do nothing; the two panes can be exchanged, the config menu can be reached, etc., but nothing works in the directories. Well, if from Gallery for instance I try to share with TC, it correctly saves in the background to the sftp destination (I must have configured that somehow; I cannot remember now how that works--but the point is that it works fine). Perhaps more usefully for someone to understand what went wrong, if I press buttons such as "Select/Unselect files" when it shows these empty directries, I get the message "Root: Function not supported!". Btw, I forced TC to stop, cleared the cache (not the data, as I think I would then lose the config?!), and this to no avail. Other apps (e.g., GMMP) still access all folders without any problem (at least on an external SD) and I do not recall having changed anything in any config (Android or TC, in particular).

What may have gone wrong?

p.
ienne

Re: TC 3.24 shows only empty directories

Post by *ienne »

I found no better than uninstall and install again.

It appeared to work fine but still had in the bookmarks links perhaps to an external SD which does not exist anymore (since months) and certainly to a location beginning by \\\ or /// (can't remember now). As soon as I accidentally pressed one of those (I cannot remember which one), it went back to be nonfunctional.

Then I uninstalled and installed once more, cleaned up (without selecting them) any bookmarks which did not look kosher, added back the bookmarks (now in the form /storage/xxxx-xxxx/ with xxxx-xxxx being the existing SD). So far so good. Fingers crossed.