FTP Issues with ftpupload.net "Connect call failed!"

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

GraemeC

FTP Issues with ftpupload.net "Connect call failed!"

Post by *GraemeC »

I'm having issues using the FTP function. It's almost certainly not a problem with TC, because it's only happening on one site, but maybe somebody can suggest something.

1) I'm trying to connect to ftpupload.net. Every time I try, it waits a while and says "Connect call failed!"

2) It worked the first time I tried it, but but not again.

3) I've tried both ftpupload.net and ftpupload.net:21 (to use port 21 as they suggested). It doesn't work either way.

4) I've checked with my provider, and Port 21 is not one of the ones they block.

5) I'm able to FTP to OTHER sites, just not this one.

6) It has nothing to do with login credentials, because I've tried to get in without entering them at all. It doesn't get as far as asking for them.

7) I've tried it with the Firewall off. No difference.

Can anybody else get to a login screen for this site?
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Re: FTP Issues

Post by *solid »

As I can see, the server ftpupload.net is down.
The same reports istitup.org
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: FTP Issues with ftpupload.net "Connect call failed!"

Post by *petermad »

2GraemeC

If you haven't done this already, try to enable "Use passive mode for transfers (like a WWW browser)" in the settings for the connection to ftpupload.net - it often helps.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
GraemeC

FTP Issues

Post by *GraemeC »

I'm having trouble getting an FTP connection to a site where I just created an account. It worked once, then never again.

The site is ftpupload.net. I've tried logging into that with Total Commander on multiple systems, and it always says Connect Call Failed (except on a few old Windows XP systems, where it just times out. I've also tried ftpupload.net:21, since they say to use Port 21, but it's optional. Same result.

I tried going to Starbucks and logging in there. Same result. I've tried it with no antivirus and no firewall running. Same result.

At the recommendation of users there, I tried logging in with FileZilla. Same result. I've checked with my own internet provider, and they don't block Port 21. Also, I AM able to log into the three or four other FTP sites I use in Total Commander, just not this one.

Nevertheless, users there say the problem must be on my end, and that the Starbucks test doesn't count because many corporate servers don't allow FTP (although I was able to log on to other FTP sites at Starbucks).

This has been going on a couple of weeks, and I have no idea what to try next, and neither do they. Can anyone ELSE get to a login screen for ftpupload.net using Total Commander?
GraemeC

Post by *GraemeC »

I tried isitup.org and it showed down for me too. But the users there said that because it was an FTP site, so it would always show down.

That may be right. Isitup.org shows that ftp.apple.asimov.net is down, but I was able to log into it anyway.

I've tried it both with and without passive mode. It doesn't work either way.

Can anyone else get to a login screen at ftpupload.net? If someone else can, then the problem must be on my end.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

hostname=ftpupload.net
username=anonymous
startdir=
ftpupload.net=185.27.134.11
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 308 of 6900 allowed.
220-Local time is now 13:49. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
USER anonymous
331 User anonymous OK. Password required

thus it means that at least you should provide us with credentials on behalf of whom we should log in on this FTP.
#146217 personal license
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: FTP Issues

Post by *AntonyD »

duplicate of your another post, imho this current thread should be freezed and closed.
#146217 personal license
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2022-04-29, 19:53 UTC

Merged threads about same subject from same user.
GraemeC

Post by *GraemeC »

Hmm, if you can get to a login screen, then the problem must be on my end.

And since it's happening on multiple systems, without AV or Firewall running, it's probably something in the modem or router settings, but I have no idea what.