Header/footer shows kbytes not bytes when copying

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JCH

Header/footer shows kbytes not bytes when copying

Post by *JCH »

I have always used bytes in Size display and Header/footer under Tapstops in configuration (it's easier for me to read)
and the consequence has always been that the copy header has shown kbytes copyed NOT bytes
Is this by design, or bug ?

If by design, would it be possible to set TC up in Tapstops with bytes in header/footer and MBytes for the copy header ?

Regards, Christian
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Header/footer shows kbytes not bytes when copying

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with "copy header". Do you mean the copy progress dialog?
The copy dialog pas always shown kBytes if the speed was higher than 1 kByte/s, Bytes only when it was slower.

Maybe you mean something else?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JCH

Re: Header/footer shows kbytes not bytes when copying

Post by *JCH »

sorry, I ofc mean copy progress dialog...
ok, its by design..I can live with it..
i'm ofc happy that you are working on new features, and an new version of TC is always interesting
in your list of new things to the interface you wrote:
Show transfer speed with mixed units (e.g. x.xx b/M/G/T), configured via [Configuration] SizeTransfer, defaults to value of footer,
and when I saw that, I started testet it out to see if the shown kbytes was changed, but it wasn't.
I now understand that, when you use "THAT" setting, it's dynamic, while using the "bytes" setting use kbytes always, even when copying with say 500 Mbytes/s
that's why I wrote the post

Thanks, Christian