Lister: the problem of colors in the media bar

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lister: the problem of colors in the media bar

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

MPC doesn't seem to use a standard Windows trackbar control...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
also I can to say the same regarding Lister's control:) Because REALLY standard Win32API control looks like this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/controls/images/tkb-simple.png
Your version of a slider (sometimes called a thumb) is not the same - not a pure rectangular object.
This means that you something did with it :wink:

P,S,
found this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14942768/how-to-adjust-a-trackbar-thumb-size
second answer!
#146217 personal license
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-23, 08:24 UTCMPC doesn't seem to use a standard Windows trackbar control...
But you could still make the slider larger. Even if Delphi doesn't provide options (Delphi 5 has several options for trackbars regarding size, appearance and so on), I'm sure you can handle it via Win32 API.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-23, 08:24 UTC MPC doesn't seem to use a standard Windows trackbar control...
I also think you can replace the slider. After all, you have reduced it. In your first screenshot, it is definitely wider.

And as for the proportion, look at these distances of 8 px and 9 px in MPC. It looks proportional. I propose a similar principle. Do not add 4 pixels from above, but simply lower trackbar 4 pixels down.
I.e.: WAS > BECAME
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This discussion is going nowhere, so I'm moving this thread to "will not be changed", sorry.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-29, 09:38 UTCThis discussion is going nowhere
Why do you think so? I have provided a view with an analogy in MPC, in which the placement of the trackbar will look proportional.
You didn't react in any way, but it would like to.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The problem is that it looks different on almost every Windows version, and also depends on the used theme. The position of the actual bar cannot be determined from the position of the entire control.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
1. I would be grateful if you could provide a couple of screenshots that will clearly illustrate this difference.
2. Does the height of the entire playbar depend on the placement of the trackbar relative to the lower control? Or is the height fixed? That is, if the trackbar is placed lower, will the height of the playbar remain the same?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

In my previously posted screenshot, the control takes about the space of the focus rectangle (the dotted line). The position of the trackbar itself in that picture cannot be controlled. It's somewhere in the middle of the rectangle, but the upper and lower pixel distances are not the same.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
With your permission, I will repeat my question earlier.
Did you do something with this control? After all, I brought a picture from the microsoft website where you can see WHAT the default trackbar looks like. And Your implementation doesn't look like it at all. Have you adjusted something for use in Lazarus/FreePascal?
Maybe you will just continue to fix something in this implementation? To use this control has become as easy as its truly default Win32API prototype.
Hitting the slider(thumb) with the mouse and moving it to the desired position is very inconvenient and difficult in the current version of the control.
#146217 personal license
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2AntonDudarenko
There is not just one design for a trackbar. Trackbars can have several different designs. The slider control can be rectangular, but it can also have that pointing design currently used in TC's media player. The steps can be marked, but these marks can also be hidden. And there are many more options. Do an image search for "delphi trackbar" in your preferred search engine and you'll see what I mean.

But as I already said, I agree that the slider in the trackbar could be larger and I'm quite certain this is possible.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I didn't do anything with the control, but it's a Delphi control encapsulating the Windows trackbar control.
Looking at the sources, Delphi seems to use the following styles by default:
TBS_HORZ | TBS_AUTOTICKS | TBS_BOTTOM | TBS_ENABLESELRANGE | CS_DBLCLKS