[TC 10.50b] F2 in 'compare contents'

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

[TC 10.50b] F2 in 'compare contents'

Post by *JOUBE »

Hopefully it's not too late for the release version 10.50:

F2 in 'compare contents' is actually a great new feature:

Code: Select all

10.03.22 Added: Compare by content: New hotkeys F2 and Shift+F2 to jump to the next/previous difference within the current line in edit mode (32/64)
I asked ghisler(author) for something like this and it was actually placed perfectly on the free F2 key.

Using F2 as a key is a good idea. Thank you, ghisler(author), for taking up the topic and for incorporating it into the tool.

But:

After Beta1 I stopped using the new function F2 because it became too confusing for me. F2 just jumps out of a line if it was on the last inequality in the line.

This should not be the case. F2 and its walking should never jump to another line, but should always remain in the same line, that is just be compared. Because that's the only way to work quickly. Anything that jumps out of the current active line requires tremendous extra concentration.

Please change it. If it hasn't already happened in Beta 2 or Beta 3.

So please remove this:

11.03.22 Added: Compare by content: F2 now jumps to the first difference on the next line with differences when no more differences are found on the current line (32/64)
and this

11.03.22 Added: Compare by content: Shift+F2 now jumps to the last difference on the previous line with differences when no more differences are found on the current line (32/64)

Joube
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC 10.50b] F2 in 'compare contents'

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

After Beta1 I stopped using the new function F2 because it became too confusing for me. F2 just jumps out of a line if it was on the last inequality in the line.
But you can just press Shift+F2 to go back! Where is the problem?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-04-29, 10:20 UTCBut you can just press Shift+F2 to go back! Where is the problem
I not easy to explain.This feature is not working with long line for example. It is unusable (not: 'nearly' unusable). Please make a switch for it in
wincmd.ini

Jo"by the way: what is about renaming wincmd.ini to tc.ini or so"be
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I still don't understand what the problem is in your case. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com