Proposal for a "Shut Down" button and another waveform for copying files

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Danny_S_Cz

Proposal for a "Shut Down" button and another waveform for copying files

Post by *Danny_S_Cz »

Hello.
I want to ask the author if it would be possible to add the following functions to the program:
1. Option to add a "Shut Down" button in the window with the selection Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, etc. ... My point is that when I copy a large amount of data, eg overnight, I want the computer to shut down after the operation he turned himself off.
2. Would it be possible to add another waveform to the window when copying files from the current folder? ... File - Folder - Total ... Ie. that when I copy multiple folders in a row and some are very large, I wonder how much has already been copied from the one currently being copied.
Otherwise, I have been using TC for over 25 years and I am completely satisfied with it.
Thank you for your response and for adding both features to the program.
Last edited by Danny_S_Cz on 2022-05-22, 13:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Proposal for addition

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2022-05-22, 08:01 UTC

Moved to Suggestions forum
Danny_S_Cz

Re: Proposal for a "Shut Down" button and another waveform for copying files

Post by *Danny_S_Cz »

I want to ask if it is possible to add an Option: ShutDown or ReStart or Sleeping after the operation (copying, moving directly or in a queue via F2, etc.) also using a plug-in or if the ghisler would have to implement it directly into the program.
I sometimes miss this function there sometimes.
Thank you for answer.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

I know this is not inside TC but i use fastcopy for long copy/move session. It have a post process mechanism where you can shutdown, hibernate, ... run specific program ... play sound ...
Danny_S_Cz

Post by *Danny_S_Cz »

nsp> I'd rather take the opportunity in Total Commander, which I'm used to and which is the best manager I know. :-)

I would also like to copy (or back up) data to multiple folders if I was shown the progress of copying the current folder, but who knows if this would be technically possible and if the ghisler would like to go.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

Danny_S_Cz wrote: 2022-05-29, 18:01 UTC nsp> I'd rather take the opportunity in Total Commander, which I'm used to and which is the best manager I know. :-)
You are not leaving TC environment with Fastcopy, it is easily integrated. The starting of the copy operation itself is different, although it can be changed.

Can't be used in synchronize dirs.