MultiRenameTool Mark files that match filter

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Achiles

MultiRenameTool Mark files that match filter

Post by *Achiles »

Can Total Commander's MultiRename Tool mark the files that match the filter/string of the 'Search & Replace' section?

I sometimes need multiple operations done on a list, but since it's tedious to first select just the right files, I load them all in MRT and the operation is performed only on the files that match the criteria for change. But in a long list, I cannot easily see, which are those files or how many there are.

I would find it very helpful if the files that are to be changed (or those that aren't) appear in a different colour so as to have immediate visual feedback of which files match the criteria. Currently, my 'workaround' is to write a line of dashes after the string in the 'Replace with' box
(e.g. box -------------------------), so like this, if I scroll down before executing the Rename, I can easily see, which filenames will be modified.

Also, it would be neat if the MRT window showed the number of files loaded and the number of files that match the Search&Replace criteria in the status bar.

Thank you.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: MultiRenameTool Mark files that match filter

Post by *nsp »

You should make a suggestion to have matched file highlighted or with an additional column. Istead of posting in English Forum.
Achiles

Post by *Achiles »

Sorry, I just wasn't sure whether it could be done already. I will post it there. Maybe we can close or delete this topic. Thanks

Topic reposted here: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76735
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Achiles wrote: 2022-05-24, 12:21 UTC Sorry, I just wasn't sure whether it could be done already.
You did nothing wrong, so there's nothing to be sorry about.

Moderator message from: white » 2022-05-24, 12:35 UTC

Reminder:
Guidelines for Moderators wrote: 7. Don't tell users what they should or should not write and don't moderate other users. If you think moderator interaction is required please send an email to a moderator of your choice.