Access violation after attempting to Disconnect from FTP

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Access violation after attempting to Disconnect from FTP

Post by *pdavit »

This Access Violation was caused after an active FTP connection, TC was out of focus, was brought back into focus and when hit the Disconnect button to terminate the FTP connection I got the following Access Violation:

---------------------------
Total Commander 10.50
Access violation.
Access violation
Windows 11 Enterprise 10.0 (Build 22000), base: 0400000

Please report this error to the Author, with a description
of what you were doing when this error occurred!

Stack trace (x64):8C61D6
8C5EB5 8C5FA3 8C5FA3 8C5CDC 8B5809 8CC2E6 8CC2D3 8C91AA
7BACD5 40F73D 8C48D0 8B9463 43BF09 9B5211 8ECAA8 9C0D9B

Press Ctrl+C to copy this report!
Continue execution?
Yes No

I cannot seem to reproduce it though.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Access violation after attempting to Disconnect from FTP

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Are you using the version dated 2022-07-07?

According to that log, it would mean that there was a problem resizing the window, e.g. due to a screen size change. Some games can cause this, or when you plug a laptop into a docking station with separate screen.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Re: Access violation after attempting to Disconnect from FTP

Post by *pdavit »

Hi Christian,
No games on this laptop which is used exclusively for corporate use, but indeed I do use multiple screens (one Dell + one Lenovo + laptop's own screen) with a docking station.
I haven't had a new incident since my original report, I will also be installing v10.51 and see how it goes.
In reference to version dated 2022-07-07, to be honest I cannot recall if I was using the silent update (07.07) or the final (dated one day back), but to my understanding the only change in between according to our full log is:
07.07.22 Fixed: Find files: Searching with "Everything" could find files in the base directory of the search but report them in a lower directory (32/64)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!