I can't receive the purchase confirmation email

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

advwang

I can't receive the purchase confirmation email

Post by *advwang »

Hi, I can't receive the purchase confirmation email, but I can receive the forum account activation email, the email. What should I do?
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: I can't receive the purchase confirmation email

Post by *Stefan2 »

Hi and welcome to the community.

Please take a look into your spam folder or wait for another day.

If still no success, send a mail your self to Mr. Ghisler ( see https://www.ghisler.com/support.htm )
with some details as your name or order number or like that...

Which mail provider do you use? >>> Troubles with GMail-please read if you use it to contact us! ( viewtopic.php?t=33778 )

advwang

Post by *advwang »

Thank you for your reply, I emailed Mr. Ghisler this morning but no response so far. Also my order on 2Checkout is gone and the fee has not been returned, I have the screenshot of the successful payment here. I just emailed the after sales and waiting for a response
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your order! You should have received an order confirmation mail from 2checkout.com. It explains that you will receive your key within 24-48 hours. We handle orders manually once a day, because people make a lot of errors like forgetting the postal
code, spelling errors etc. Sorry for the delay!

Btw, your name and street were incomplete, please reply to my e-mail where I ask for this information.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
advwang

Post by *advwang »

It's okay, maybe it's a problem with my mail server blocking method, I haven't been able to receive the confirmation email from 2checkout, and I haven't found it in the spam mail. I sent the order number to support email, please check the order processing, thank you!
advwang

Post by *advwang »

It's been 36 hours and I still haven't received any Key file, although I don't know why I need so much real personal information to register a tool software. This is the first time I have encountered such a registration practice. I still sent several emails until the last one with my real full name, residential address and zip code to Mr. ghisler, but still no response. Please process my order as soon as possible, thank you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

I understand you.

Please note that there will be taking care of very soon.

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately you didn't provide your real name, even after we sent you a request to provide it...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
advwang

Post by *advwang »

Hi, the last email I replied to you was an English translation of my real and complete name, what else do you need or how do I verify it?
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

advwang wrote: 2022-07-22, 00:45 UTC...English translation...
advwang wrote: 2022-07-22, 00:45 UTC....what else do you need...?
It's simple: if your real name and your real address is in the key, you will probably and hopefully do everything you can to ensure that the key does not fall into other hands. So this is for your own protection against recourse claims and to protect the software and all the other customers, so that the software can be further developed.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

But "Ordering online"
https://www.ghisler.com/online1.htm
ask for "English":
2. Please give your full name and address, including postal code (ZIP code), in English! Otherwise your order will NOT be processed.

Maybe Mr. Ghisler can explain if he can handle name with unicode... me guess it works already with e.g. Chinese , no?

2ghisler(Author)
What do you need?
The real real name, or an English equivalent?

advwang

Post by *advwang »

I have purchased and registered many tools and software, and TotalCommander is the first one that requires so much personal and real information. Interpreting this behavior as protecting my interests is beyond my understanding. On the contrary, it is less likely to be guessed if I just remember the arbitrary registration information, otherwise my neighbors must know my registration information in TotalCommander, don't they? But all that doesn't matter, what matters is that I provided full personal information, but by now 60 hours later, I haven't completed the registration, and the email to this gentleman I don't know if he read it in its entirety.
advwang

Post by *advwang »

I understand that the registration of many tools and software does not support Unicode very well, resulting in my registration information to become ???? I will use advwang as my registration id, but I was repeatedly rejected by this author, well, I provided my real and complete name, still no response, how do you judge that what I provided is not my real name?
advwang

Post by *advwang »

Thank you very much *ghisler(Author) , I have completed the registration
Phred

Post by *Phred »

Can you tell us what the hurdles were that you came across, advwang?

I am finding the detail required for purchase of a TC licence mesmerising, while acknowledging that as unambiguous as possible identification is desirable. It is, however, not completely either practical, achievable, or advisable, to provide all asked-for detail.

Can you give us any expansion on what caused the delay?
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.