"Total Commander icon just disappear from the taskbar" but randomly (after restart sometimes yes, sometimes no). Applica

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

misa15

"Total Commander icon just disappear from the taskbar" but randomly (after restart sometimes yes, sometimes no). Applica

Post by *misa15 »

Hello,
in Win10 64bit Enterprise (21H2) is Total Commander icon disappear from the taskbar but randomly (after restart sometimes yes, sometimes no). Then we again make "pin to taskbar". Application is still working without problem.

Do you know the reason, why icon is disapear after restart computer? And how can be possible to solve it, please?
Thank you.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "Total Commander icon just disappear from the taskbar" but randomly (after restart sometimes yes, sometimes no). App

Post by *wanderer »

Hi. I just stumbled on your question and although quite some time has passed, since i've been facing the same issue, i decided to post my experience.

I've noticed that this thing happens to some applications i've pinned in the taskbar that:
a. are NOT installed in C:\Program files... but are instead in another drive which can be considered "removable" (it's mounted after login) and
b. it usually happens after a windows update, i'm guessing when Windows decide to perform a desktop icons refresh/cleanup.

Unfortunately i haven't found any way to prevent it from happening. Anyway, is your case similar to what i'm describing?

P.S. I'm using Win10 22H2.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.