Can't install LAN plugin on Android TV with TC 333

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cheeseus

Can't install LAN plugin on Android TV with TC 333

Post by *cheeseus »

Hello,

I had to factory reset my Android TV (Sharp Aquos EQ3, Android 11). I've now installed all apps that I had before, including Total Commander (v. 3.33 that lets us install apks) but I can no longer install the LAN plugin. Clicking "Add plugins (download)" takes me to the web page where I click "Install" but then Google Play Store tells me this app is not available for my device. How come? It was available just two months ago.

Is there another method to install it? I have the installation file (com.ghisler.tcplugins.LAN_3.30-87_minAPI8(nodpi).com). I tried transferring it to the TV but then nothing.

Let me know please.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't install LAN plugin on Android TV with TC 333

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If you have the Total Commander version which can install apk files, you need to launch the LAN plugin apk to install it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
cheeseus

Re: Can't install LAN plugin on Android TV with TC 333

Post by *cheeseus »

Thanks, but the problem was where to get the APK from. Clicking 'Get Plugins' from within the app (on the TV) takes me to the website and from there the only choice is Google Play, which says my device is incompatible. I could not find a way to directly download the APK from anywhere.

The solution was to use Total Commander on my Android phone to open the Installed Applications folder and copy the APK from there to my SD card, then use an app called Send to TV to transfer it to the TV, and then run the APK on the TV.