EdgeViewer - Modern HTML viewer plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KozakMak

Re: EdgeViewer - Modern HTML viewer plugin

Post by *KozakMak »

rg_software wrote: 2023-11-23, 12:54 UTC Maybe I should move everything under doc/ subfolder.
+1
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

rg_software wrote: 2023-11-24, 01:02 UTCIf GIF isn't in the detectstring, the plugin shouldn't be called at all.
I just verified again that GIF isn't in EdgeViewer's detection string. Still, I get the issue described above. It's even reproducible with Imagine and EdgeViewer being the only two defined lister plugins. I also tried removing the GIF extension from the DirImageExt directive in edgeviewer.ini, again to no avail.

Note that it is NOT the EdgeViewer plugin which is called for viewing GIF files in lister and quick view mode, but TC's internal lister. I can only resolve this issue by removing the EdgeViewer from TC's lister plugin list.

wincmd.ini

Code: Select all

[ListerPlugins]
0=%commander_path%\wlx\imagine\imagine.wlx64
0_detect="multimedia"
1=%commander_path%\wlx\edgeviewer\edgeviewer.wlx64
1_detect="ext="HTM"|ext="HTML"|ext="MARKDOWN"|ext="MD"|ext="MHT"|ext="MHTML"|ext="SVG"|ext="URL"|ext="XML"|ext="""
edgeviewer.ini

[Extensions]
; should be uppercase to form the right detect string
HTML=HTM,HTML,PDF,SVG,XML
Markdown=MD,MARKDOWN
AsciiDoc=ADOC,ASCIIDOC
URL=URL
MHTML=MHT,MHTML

; also show directory contents
Dirs=1
DirImageExt=bmp|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|svg
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

I try, i try, and try with my usual configuration where Imagine is 0 and EdgeViewer 43, and with clean INI with only Imagine (0) and EdgeViewer (1) installed - i can't reproduce such a behaviour - GIF files are always viewed with Imagine. It is even no matter whether GIF is present in detect string of EdgeViewer or not.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2Gral

Hmmm, interesting. Thank you very much for your participation and feedback on the subject. I'll investigate further, going to try with a clean wincmd.ini and just the Imagine and EdgeViewer lister plugins now.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2deus-ex

Are you sure you havent configured Listers "Define view method by file type" for *.gif files setting edgeViewer as the first option?

Said in another way do you have a [ListerModes] section in your wincmd.ini with something like this:

0exts=*.gif
0fields=EdgeViewer.wlx,Imagine.wlx
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2petermad

Hi petermad,

thanks for your input. Previously, I had tried that as well, explicitly defining Imagine.wlx64 as the only allowed plugin, with the described result. I'll try your example to define both plugins and reference the 32-bit plugins instead, although I have these not installed but just the 64-bit variants.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

After a lot of test runs, config editing, reading manuals, head-scratching, and cursing (a very important step of the routine ;) ) I found out what was causing the issue for me:

If you are used to manually editing your wincmd.ini and you have installed just the 64-bit version of a lister plugin, you are NOT supposed to define a lister plugin like this: 0=%commander_path%\wlx\imagine\imagine.wlx64

Instead, you must write this: 0=%commander_path%\wlx\imagine\imagine.wlx

That's right, even if you haven't installed the 32-bit variant of a plugin, you still have to refer to it in wincmd.ini like it would be available. The [ListerPlugins64] section lists all lister plugin slots, for which a 64-bit version of the plugin is installed and detected by TC.

After adjusting my wincmd.ini accordingly, both the Imagine and EdgeViewer lister plugins coexist nicely and behave like they are supposed to. I even don't need to define the [ListerPlugins] [ListerModes] section, which I have actually never had the need for.

Huge thanks fly out to gral, petermad, and rg_software for their support. :D
Last edited by deus-ex on 2023-11-27, 05:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TychoBarfy

Post by *TychoBarfy »

2deus-ex
If you are used to manually editing your wincmd.ini and you have installed just the 64-bit version of a lister plugin, you are NOT supposed to define a lister plugin like this: 0=%commander_path%\wlx\imagine\imagine.wlx64
Didn't know that either. Thanks for pointing it out! :idea: :!:
Last edited by TychoBarfy on 2023-11-26, 21:20 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hey TychoBarfy, you're welcome. :)
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2rg_software
MarkdownView v2.5
a little strange that html, shtml, xhtml, mht extensions by default do support by this plug, but Mhtml - does not.. why?
#146217 personal license
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

AntonyD wrote: 2023-12-02, 08:51 UTC MarkdownView v2.5
a little strange that html, shtml, xhtml, mht extensions by default do support by this plug, but Mhtml - does not.. why?
Good catch. All it requires is to edit MarkdownView.ini and add the extension ".mhtml" to line 82 and restart Total Commander.

MarkdownView.ini, updated line 82:

HTMLExtensions=htm;html;shtml;plg;mht;mhtml;xml;xsl;php;php2;php3;xhtml;pl;asp;htt
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

rg_software wrote: 2023-11-19, 03:27 UTC I have also added dark mode support to the Markdown viewer, please try it out.
Are you going to compile 32-bit markdown viewer for older systems? Both versions 2.4 and 2.5 don't work in Windows XP.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
rg_software

Post by *rg_software »

Usher wrote: 2023-12-15, 00:08 UTC
rg_software wrote: 2023-11-19, 03:27 UTC I have also added dark mode support to the Markdown viewer, please try it out.
Are you going to compile 32-bit markdown viewer for older systems? Both versions 2.4 and 2.5 don't work in Windows XP.
I am surprised because it IS compiled with the XP toolset. So this isn't intended, and I'll need to investigate (not sure how though). The compiler options indicate XP support.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2rg_software
It looks like the following functions don't exist in XP's kernel32.dll:

CompareStringEx
GetLocaleInfoEx
InitializeCriticalSectionEx
LCMapStringEx
Maybe these could be replaced with their non-Ex counterparts to make it work.

NB: I used the PE Viewer plugin on an XP machine to find out which functions are missing.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
rg_software

Post by *rg_software »

Dalai wrote: 2023-12-17, 12:24 UTC It looks like the following functions don't exist in XP's kernel32.dll:
It turns out that XP compatibility can be only achieved with a certain older version of MSVC 2019. Fortunately, I could get it, so please check out this release.