in search not work CTRL+A

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: in search not work CTRL+A

Post by *Horst.Epp »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-10-24, 15:26 UTC Unfortunately I don't see a good solution here. Either I break input for Asian characters, or Ctrl+A for some users.
I could allow EM_SETSEL when there is no input method editor (IME), but I couldn't find a way to detect whether the current input method uses an IME or not. ImmIsIME(GetKeyboardLayout(0)) always seems to return true even for e.g. German keyboards, maybe because of the Emoji IME, even when it's not active.
Why not making an Ini setting which forces the correct Ctrl-A
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
could you compile a private build for testing at least some maybe even pseudo logical changes?
like - disable mentioned IME, or revert back some fix, which was applied for better support of CTRL+A in next versions after 10.50b5?
so at least I can test it and report for you - is it the essence of my troubles or there is something more regarding this//////
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

OK, I have sent you a link to a private beta version where I disable Ctrl+A only when a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean keyboard is selected. Only in these cases it would interfere with character input. Please let me know whether Ctrl+A works for you with this version or not. If not, the problem must be elsewhere (e.g. Ctrl+A being intercepted before TC can see it).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Galajas

Post by *Galajas »

white wrote: 2022-10-24, 10:07 UTC
Galajas wrote: 2022-10-21, 12:38 UTC In the new version 10.62 in search (CTRL + S) not working CTRL+A.
In the 10.0 version, everything was good.
How about you, Galajas? Do you still have a problem if you use a clean ini?
Yesterday when updated to 10.52RC5 it started working.
Now again it's not working.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Galajas wrote: 2022-10-25, 10:47 UTC Yesterday when updated to 10.52RC5 it started working.
But does it work when you use a new ini file?
You can test this by executing the following command on Total Commander's command line:

Code: Select all

"%COMMANDER_EXE%" /N /i="%TEMP%\test.ini"
Galajas

Post by *Galajas »

white wrote: 2022-10-25, 10:58 UTC
Galajas wrote: 2022-10-25, 10:47 UTC Yesterday when updated to 10.52RC5 it started working.
But does it work when you use a new ini file?
You can test this by executing the following command on Total Commander's command line:

Code: Select all

"%COMMANDER_EXE%" /N /i="%TEMP%\test.ini"
No, it's the same, not working.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Galajas
Does it work right after a reboot of your computer?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-10-25, 09:29 UTC OK, I have sent you a link to a private beta version where I disable Ctrl+A only when a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean keyboard is selected. Only in these cases it would interfere with character input. Please let me know whether Ctrl+A works for you with this version or not. If not, the problem must be elsewhere (e.g. Ctrl+A being intercepted before TC can see it).
All is perfectly working now)))
All other keys combinations work also perefectly!

P.S. and of course I do NOT have any Chinese, Japanese, or Korean keyboard installed/chosen/etc....

https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=77622
this bug was also fixed;)
I mean - its last part - about Select all. This topic was moved to the sub-forum "TC Behaviour which will not be changed" - but obviously this is already fixed and was changed accordingly and correctly))
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

All is perfectly working now)))
Nice to hear that, thanks for the quick feedback!
P.S. and of course I do NOT have any Chinese, Japanese, or Korean keyboard installed/chosen/etc....
You can actually install one of these via control panel, and switch to it - only then will it stop working, not when it's just installed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

You can actually install one of these via control panel, and switch to it - only then will it stop working, not when it's just installed.
I understand, but the point is that I didn’t have these encodings\keyboards, and the code in Total suddenly decided for some reason that it was necessary to work out that piece of it, which should work only when these keyboards were really turned on. And only now - when it was turned off - everything worked for me as it should. Those: either the part of the code that determines whether the listed encodings are enabled / present in the system is partially erroneous, or something is incorrectly set in the system, which makes this code work incorrectly. IMHO so.
#146217 personal license