Can the cm_CDTree window support filtering or positioning of non-English characters?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

yahuu

Can the cm_CDTree window support filtering or positioning of non-English characters?

Post by *yahuu »

In the file list, I can use tcmatch to filter or locate non-English files/directories, but there is no way in cm_CDTree.
I consulted the author of tcmatch, tcmatch cannot support it, can TC itself support it?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Can the cm_CDTree window support filtering or positioning of non-English characters?

Post by *petermad »

If I can type the character (like ø or ö) I can find the dir in the CD Tree - but there seems to be no way of pasting non-English characters into the Quick search field.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
yahuu

Re: Can the cm_CDTree window support filtering or positioning of non-English characters?

Post by *yahuu »

petermad wrote: 2023-02-23, 16:27 UTC If I can type the character (like ø or ö) I can find the dir in the CD Tree - but there seems to be no way of pasting non-English characters into the Quick search field.
Yes, cannot type
But the function I want is to support pinyin letters.
In the file list, I can use tcmatch to filter by inputting the initials of Pinyin
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strange, PinYin input works for me, e.g. for a folder named
一二三
I can type
yi 1 er 1 san 1
or
yi er san 1
to find it in the tree, both in 32-bit and 64-bit.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
yahuu

Post by *yahuu »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-02-24, 09:51 UTC Strange, PinYin input works for me, e.g. for a folder named
一二三
I can type
yi 1 er 1 san 1
or
yi er san 1
to find it in the tree, both in 32-bit and 64-bit.
I switch TC to Chinese or English interface, but I can't input.
For the part that can be input, the focus will only jump to the matching English directory
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

How are you trying to input the text? Maybe you are using a different input method editor (IME)?
I have to click on the keyboard layout button in the Windows task bar and then choose
Chinese (simplified, China).
When I then type something like yi I get a floating toolbar with several Chinese characters which I can choose by number.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
yahuu

Post by *yahuu »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-02-28, 15:59 UTC How are you trying to input the text? Maybe you are using a different input method editor (IME)?
I have to click on the keyboard layout button in the Windows task bar and then choose
Chinese (simplified, China).
When I then type something like yi I get a floating toolbar with several Chinese characters which I can choose by number.
I understand what you mean.
Sorry for my inaccurate description. When replying to petermad, I mentioned the function I am looking forward to: in the case of inputting pinyin, you can filter the directories whose names are Chinese characters. Just like tcmatch does for file listings.