Duplicate selection: Any way to save settings?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rekrul

Duplicate selection: Any way to save settings?

Post by *Rekrul »

You do a search for duplicate files, it finds a bunch, you send then to the listbox, then you press "+" on the numeric keypad to select to automatically select all but one of each set of matches.

This always defaults to the first two boxes being set to Newest and the third box to Last in group. Which selects the oldest matches and leaves the newest ones unselected. I typically want the exact opposite. I want it to select the newest files, while leaving the oldest ones unselected. My reasoning is that the oldest files are usually the "originals" and the newer ones are the duplicates.

Is there any way to save these settings so that they will come up the next time I want to select duplicates?
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Duplicate selection: Any way to save settings?

Post by *Fla$her »

The settings are not saved anywhere. But you can automatically select the 2nd item using TCFS2. Example for TC x32:

Code: Select all

%COMMANDER_PATH%\Utils\TCFS2\TCFS2.exe /ef send({ADD}) eval(send_wait(,findwnd(TDupeSelForm),2)) sendmsg(findwnd(TMyComboBox,,findwnd(TPanel,,findwnd(TDupeSelForm)),2),$014E,1)
You can create a custom command and bind it to Num+. And to be executed immediately, you can bind to Shift+Num+, add sendmsg(findwnd(TButton,,findwnd(TDupeSelForm),3),$f5) to the end of the command.
Overquoting is evil! 👎