DirSizeCald changing folder recalculation

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pozso123

DirSizeCald changing folder recalculation

Post by *pozso123 »

How can I configure DirSizeCalc to recalculate the size of the current folder in the folder structure after each location change and sort them in descending order?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: DirSizeCald changing folder recalculation

Post by *Horst.Epp »

I use Everything and have the set in TC under Operation
the option "Calculate space occupied by subdirectories"
to "Automatic only with Everything".
This way the actual dir size is always displayed if I change to any dir or sub-dir.

If you insist to use DirSizeCalc for this, the help of it says:

Code: Select all

3.1.1. Display size of files and directories automatically
Custom columns view
Total Commander provides to calculate the size of directories by executing the command cm_CountDirContent (Hotkey Shift+Alt+Enter). An automatic calculation each time a directory is entered isn't possible though. By using the field "Size" the directory sizes are displayed as fast as possible. In the following explains step by step who this can be setup.

Open the configuration dialog by clicking Configuration/Options in the main menu.
Navigate to the page "Custom columns".
Click the "New" button to create a new custom columns view.
You can setup the number of columns and its contents n this dialog. Click the "Add column" button. A new row with properties is displayed. This row represents the new column's attributes.
The next step is to define the new column's contents. Click the + button to assign a field to the column. Select dirsizecalc/Size/<default> in the menu. The property "Field contents" now displays [dirsizecalc.Size]. You can select another unit instead of <default>. Fore more details on this see the "Units" chapter. The property "Title" displays the text which will be displayed in the column header. The title can be changed at will.
Click OK to close the dialog "Custom columns".
Click OK to close the configuration dialog.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
pozso123

Post by *pozso123 »

I have achieved a strange phenomenon:

While DirSizeCalc works on the left automatically on every folder change, on the right it only works manually and does not react on folder changes. How can this be solved? I know about the above solution, thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There should not be any difference between left and right. Maybe you have a custom columns view set on the right?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com