Problem with dir synchronization

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

maxlix33

Problem with dir synchronization

Post by *maxlix33 »

I use the "Synchronize dirs" command to perform an asymmetric sync. When performing the comparison, I check the "by content" option. If, as a result of the search, there are files to be synchronized, then I press the "Synchronize" button and check the "verify" option in the dialog box. My intention is
to verify that the copy operation of the differing files has succeeded. However, what happens in reality, is that all the files, including the ones that have already been verified to be identical, are compared again. In my opinion this is not the intended behavior, and only the newly copied files should be verified.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Problem with dir synchronization

Post by *Dalai »

What you're seeing has nothing to do with the Verify option. TC's directory synchronization always performs another comparison after the files have been synchronized. This way differences made during the synchronization process can be found.

This additional comparison is controlled by the following setting (in wincmd.ini):
SyncRecompareAfterCopy=1
1: Automatically recompare the two sides after synchronzing between them
0: Just clear the result list. The user has to click on "Compare" by himself
See TC help, section 4.b). Set it accordingly if you want to change the behavior.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
maxlix33

Re: Problem with dir synchronization

Post by *maxlix33 »

Oh, I see... Many thanks for the immediate response :)