[TC11] : Directory history list: Please add: "Last visited in the middle"

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC11] : Directory history list: Please add: "Last visited in the middle"

Post by *JOUBE »

[Tc11b4] This works almost (see post above) well now. Thanks.

But, please see my bug report: [Tc11b4] Option "ReverseHistory" is missing on Page Options -> Configuration -> History. or is this intentional? Which I don't believe.

Joube
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

About the scrolling, there are two possible options, but I would prefer not to add both:
1. Option to either scroll the history into view (which is the default now), or scroll the most frequently used list into view
or
2. Option to either scroll the history into view (which is the default now), or do not scroll at all (whatever is at the top will be visible first)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

It seems that simple scroll to top/bottom (regardless of how you name it) should satisfy most people.

I tried to find all possible combinations that might make sense. There's eight possible layouts (two sections where each can be ascending or descending). Then for each three's three combinations (that result in scrolling) of number of items (few most frequent, many last visited / many most frequent, few last visited / many most frequent, many last visited) where "few" fit in view and "many" don't. These sometimes matter and sometimes don't. And you can scroll to most frequent or last visited. That's 48 total.

Top or bottom works for 32 of them. The rest is something like:

Code: Select all

most visited #1
most visited #10
most recent #1
most recent #100
Where someone might want to show primarily most recent (from #1), which would require to scroll somewhere in the middle. But I don't see how such layout could be practical.