after double-clicking on the folder, it generates a copy error

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: after double-clicking on the folder, it generates a copy error

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-26, 09:22 UTC I have disabled the error message on Ctrl+C when the cursor is standing on [..] with nothing selected. Please confirm!
Confirmed, no error when pressing Ctrl+C using TC 11.00b4 32-bit and 64-bit.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-26, 09:22 UTC I have disabled the error message on Ctrl+C when the cursor is standing on [..] with nothing selected. Please confirm!
confirmed... still I think doing nothing on ctrl+c is wrong....
Hoecker sie sind raus!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Sir_SiLvA wrote: 2023-05-26, 12:37 UTC .. still I think doing nothing on ctrl+c is wrong....
But that is not what the bug report is about. Perhaps create a post on the suggestions forum?
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

white wrote: 2023-05-26, 13:35 UTC But that is not what the bug report is about.
1) this wasnt even a "bug" but something done by some other 3rd app as it
is not tcs fault when some random app does a ctrl+c on ".." in tc....

2) this is a discussion board so we discuss how - because of a "wrong" "bug" post - ctrl+c on '..'
behaviour was changed and now does nothing without the user even knowing that nothing happened....
how many people do you think read the help file?

Now you do CTRL+C on ".." and expect something had happend cause there is no text stating otherwise....
so I wouldnt just disable this default behaviour BUT make it so you can disabled the error message
with a wincmd.ini setting cause otherwise people could expect that the current/parent folder was copied
and complain in 5 month that ctrl+c on '..' is doing nothing without any hint of that.
white wrote: 2023-05-26, 13:35 UTC Perhaps create a post on the suggestions forum?
No point, Chris thinks its to harmful to do something usefull for CTRL+C on '..' see viewtopic.php?p=432233#p432233
(in my view it would just work in the same way as CTRL+Left/Right do on '..')
Hoecker sie sind raus!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Sir_SiLvA wrote: 2023-05-26, 14:44 UTC behaviour was changed and now does nothing without the user even knowing that nothing happened....
how many people do you think read the help file?

Now you do CTRL+C on ".." and expect something had happend cause there is no text stating otherwise....
so I wouldnt just disable this default behaviour BUT make it so you can disabled the error message
with a wincmd.ini setting cause otherwise people could expect that the current/parent folder was copied
and complain in 5 month that ctrl+c on '..' is doing nothing without any hint of that.
The behavior only changed in TC 11.00 b2 and b3, probably because of this change:
HISTORY.TXT wrote: 04.05.23 Fixed: Ctrl+C copy and delete via Explorer failed for some file types (32/64)
The issue that was reported is now fixed and this thread will probably soon be moved to the Fixed bugs forum. To increase the likelihood of consideration and discussion of your suggestions in the future, it's probably best to create a new thread in the Suggestions forum.